3DS Emulators

I wanted to play pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire on pc, any suggestion on good trustworthy emulators. thanks

Edited by LogicalDrm
Piracy removed

Citra for the emulator. 

Can’t help you with the games

How does citra work? im new to the emulator stuff could you provide me with some sort of help or a tutorial?

ir says on there i require a 3ds console in order to be able to "install" the games?

Just now, Sirmonas_ said:

ir says on there i require a 3ds console in order to be able to "install" the games?

It would run afoul of forum policy to help you with setting up the emulator or acquiring games. The resources you need are not hard to find elsewhere. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

i know but, it all seems extremely sketchy and the last thing i wanna do is follow someones tutorial thats just gonna lead me to install viruses or something else on my pc

There presumably would be a third website with a tutorial on how to do it or you can just get a 3DS and omega ruby and alpha sapphire and follow the official website. If you want to play Pokemon on PC I don't think it's unreasonable for people to expect you to have Pokemon. If I ask to play Resident Evil on PC I first need to get Resident Evil, buying it from a PC website, buying it from a store or trading it from a friend or taking it out of someone's dumpster if they have bad taste.

i have no issues purchasing the games, however i didnt wanna buy a 3ds as they are pretty expensive and i dont plan on using it for anything else, its more the process of transfering it to the emulator thing without having the 3ds itself

its more the process of transfering it to the emulator thing without having the 3ds itself

We cant help you with that. Because playing them on anything other than the 3DS could constitute piracy (depending on the laws of your country). While there is some belief that owning the 3DS version makes ROM's legal, Im not sure that really applies everywhere. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

oh, i thought they just took it as bad thing when you didn't own any version of the game, i thought it was okay to play emulate it as long as you owned the original, i apologise for my mistake.

oh, i thought they just took it as bad thing when you didn't own any version of the game, i thought it was okay to play emulate it as long as you owned the original, i apologise for my mistake.

Even under this theory, we couldn't help you with acquiring/setting up system files from the 3DS if you don't have the 3DS, as that's still commercial software. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

15 hours ago, Sirmonas_ said:

That is because the emulator does not include the underlying operating system the console uses for which you need said console to be able to obtain it and trying to obtain it elsewhere will run foul of the community standards as well.

Your best bet is going to be 3DS Hacking subreddits.

We cannot help with piracy on this forum, it's against the rules.  We can't tell you where to find ROMs or anything like that, either, for the same reason.  

Retro Arch is a really capable free emulator with a lot of functions and the best GUI i've seen on an emu.

15 hours ago, Sirmonas_ said:

i have no issues purchasing the games, however i didnt wanna buy a 3ds as they are pretty expensive and i dont plan on using it for anything else, its more the process of transfering it to the emulator thing without having the 3ds itself

you might be able to use a 2DS which tends to be less expensive then the 3DS, though I don't know if the process is different or doesn't work. To my knowledge, even if it wasn't banned 3DS, DSi and DS aren't like the NES where there is unofficial hardware that can be used to take the data from the game and put it into something that could eventually be used by an emulator.

its illegal to use an emulator to play game in some country's. some country's you can use it as long as you own some form of the game it can even be a broken cartage. rom hacks are gray area because you cant buy it and its not an original release so its up to the user if they want to risk it. put just because something is illegal dose not mean men and black will show up to your door. it will be up to say Nintendo to go after you and try and sue you for the damages witch in most case cost more then what they will get back so they dont bother. but at some point im gonna guess this prosses will get cheaper... and it can be filed a way at a later date  when its worth going after.

its like speeding doing 60 in a 50 zone is illegal but millions do it. its like throwing a cigarette on the ground witch is also illegal but people still do it.

so then info that we can give has to be vague

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

its illegal to use an emulator to play game in some country's. some country's you can use it as long as you own some form of the game it can even be a broken cartage. rom hacks are gray area because you cant buy it and its not an original release so its up to the user if they want to risk it. put just because something is illegal dose not mean men and black will show up to your door. it will be up to say Nintendo to go after you and try and sue you for the damages witch in most case cost more then what they will get back so they dont bother. but at some point im gonna guess this prosses will get cheaper... and it can be filed a way at a later date  when its worth going after.

its like speeding doing 60 in a 50 zone is illegal but millions do it. its like throwing a cigarette on the ground witch is also illegal but people still do it.

so then info that we can give has to be vague

Emulators or emulation are not illegal but the way you need to acquire bios and roms can be. However, if you own a game, rip it and then play it on an emulator that is fine. Same for if you dump the bios from your console and use it on the emulator. You OWN the hardware so it is fine. If you use publicly available stuff you are fine as well (such as downloading the firmware for a PS3 from Sony and using it to run RPCSX). The issue comes when people acquire these items through downloading/priacy. That is where companies like Nintendo grit their teeth at emulators but cannot do anything about that. 

Now there is a MASSIVE caveat to all this. The emulators themselves must not contain ANY code from the original system. Everything must be reverse engineered in a "cleanroom" so to say. Basically you figure out how it works and make code to emulate that. If lets say you make an emulator for the Xbox 360 and someone leaks the code for microsoft's own 360 emulator. You cannot in any way look at, decompile or use anything within that emulator. Even if you are stuck and cannot figure it out. You cannot use code from the orginal or official sources. Same for when source code gets leaked like what happened with Nintendo in 2020. Any of that source code is considered krpytonite for emulator devs if you even look at or use it help with reverse engineering. 

If they do, it gives Nintendo or whoever legal grounds to take down the project. Projects such as PCSX2 which has been ongoing since 2002 (yep, 20 years!) are extremely careful not to taint their emulator. 

Now, places like Germany say even dumping the rom from a game you own is illegal. 

On a side note. You should check out the emulation for the Playstation 2. It is INCREDIBLY complicated and amazing at what is required to make it work.. The PS2 has the EE (emotion Engine AKA CPU), RS (reality synthizer aka GPU), 2 VU (vector units) and memory, the sound bridge which is actually the CPU for the PS1 repurposed for southbridge duties such as running USB ports (and switched to when playing PS1 games on PS2 unless it is a PS2 slim), the DMA, and DVD drive. Oh, and everything has to be synced with milliseconds of each other. 

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/PCSX2_Documentation

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

1 hour ago, Pickles von Brine said:

Emulators or emulation are not illegal but the way you need to acquire bios and roms can be. However, if you own a game, rip it and then play it on an emulator that is fine. Same for if you dump the bios from your console and use it on the emulator. You OWN the hardware so it is fine. If you use publicly available stuff you are fine as well (such as downloading the firmware for a PS3 from Sony and using it to run RPCSX). The issue comes when people acquire these items through downloading/priacy. That is where companies like Nintendo grit their teeth at emulators but cannot do anything about that. 

Now there is a MASSIVE caveat to all this. The emulators themselves must not contain ANY code from the original system. Everything must be reverse engineered in a "cleanroom" so to say. Basically you figure out how it works and make code to emulate that. If lets say you make an emulator for the Xbox 360 and someone leaks the code for microsoft's own 360 emulator. You cannot in any way look at, decompile or use anything within that emulator. Even if you are stuck and cannot figure it out. You cannot use code from the orginal or official sources. Same for when source code gets leaked like what happened with Nintendo in 2020. Any of that source code is considered krpytonite for emulator devs if you even look at or use it help with reverse engineering. 

If they do, it gives Nintendo or whoever legal grounds to take down the project. Projects such as PCSX2 which has been ongoing since 2002 (yep, 20 years!) are extremely careful not to taint their emulator. 

Now, places like Germany say even dumping the rom from a game you own is illegal. 

On a side note. You should check out the emulation for the Playstation 2. It is INCREDIBLY complicated and amazing at what is required to make it work.. The PS2 has the EE (emotion Engine AKA CPU), RS (reality synthizer aka GPU), 2 VU (vector units) and memory, the sound bridge which is actually the CPU for the PS1 repurposed for southbridge duties such as running USB ports (and switched to when playing PS1 games on PS2 unless it is a PS2 slim), the DMA, and DVD drive. Oh, and everything has to be synced with milliseconds of each other. 

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/PCSX2_Documentation

hmm so there emulators that need software from and original console to be used?  i dont keep up with whats new with emulation i just watch youtube videos about it some times.

back in the day i fixed a xbox 360 dvd drive and had to pull the pcb off the damge one and repace it with the new one to get it to work. also replaced a wii drive too seem to diy really fast...

i no there is bleem that allowed to put ps1 games in to the pc cd drive and paly that way but it did work with burnd games thow

i kinda gave up after attempting to rip games to an hdd on my wii. some work some dont and have no idea how to back up that hdd. but i can afford most games these days so i just buy games ps1 and up. thought about doing everdrivs but dam there expensive now...

i thought Modern Vintage Gamer on yt did a good video about emulation and privacy but cant find it. there are other reason to use emulators like 60fps, better resolution, different controllers, translation!  and so on.  

here a good video

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

hmm so there emulators that need software from and original console to be used?  i dont keep up with whats new with emulation i just watch youtube videos about it some times.
There are a lot of emulators that require software from the original console. PS1 and PS2 require Bios, PS3 you need the firmware and same for PS4. Xenia the xbox360 emulator does not require any software from the console due to how the console handled games. The games themselves were bootable on the console. 

Many other emulators require software from their console counterparts. 3DS is one of them. You actually need a modded 3DS to dump the software from it to run a 3DS emulator (unless that has changed). Switch as well requires keys and such that has to be gained from a console.  I believe other consoles are the same but I am not up to date with them. Some consoles don't require anything at all and need just the emulator and the game. https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page 

This is a great place to start.

back in the day i fixed a xbox 360 dvd drive and had to pull the pcb off the damge one and repace it with the new one to get it to work. also replaced a wii drive too seem to diy really fast...
Fixing DVD drives when it is the mechanical side of the console is one thing. However, when it is the actual PCB itself that is a whole other thing. When that happened you were pretty much boned. For the Wii not uptdate on that. But the 360 had keys and such on that PCB. I don't know how it would go down today but back then your console got banned. Also I am not sure of the mod scene these days with 360s. I am sure they have bypassed the drive by now. 

i no there is bleem that allowed to put ps1 games in to the pc cd drive and paly that way but it did work with burnd games thow

Bleem has been long dead. Back then they were creating an emulator but there was also a lot of shady stuff they did. Now you can use DuckStation to play PS1 games without issues and it is an EXCELLENT emulator. Way better than ePSXe which is a dead project. 

i kinda gave up after attempting to rip games to an hdd on my wii. some work some dont and have no idea how to back up that hdd. but i can afford most games these days so i just buy games ps1 and up. thought about doing everdrivs but dam there expensive now...
Yeah I am right there with you. I am still trying to expand my retro game collection but it is nice to sit back and play my ripped games. My PS2 Fat at this point is nearly 18 years old and is all original. Last thing I want is for me to have hardware issues with it. I know there are mods and such but to me it is the principle of the matter. Also it is getting harder and harder to find some of the games I want at reasonable prices. It is amazing at how expensive some games have gotten. 

i thought Modern Vintage Gamer on yt did a good video about emulation and privacy but cant find it. there are other reason to use emulators like 60fps, better resolution, different controllers, translation!  and so on.  
He did have a video someplace. I remember watching it. I personally like my emulators so i can play my games without worrying about wearing my old consoles out. Also, 4k PS2 games are nice 😄

here a good video

I will have to watch this one now. Always good to keep UpToDate on this kind of stuff. 

See above. I reply inside of quotes

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

26 minutes ago, Pickles von Brine said:

See above. I reply inside of quotes

hmm i guess i just have old emulators from simpler times... i guess this makes sens thow to have to still own part of an old console for the sake of progress.

i own 30 sfc and 30 n64 and 350 sfc controllers and 140 n64 controller...

but then there's the argument that you buy a game from ebay and no moeny gose to Nintendo anyway... then there then tax on tax scam... adding tax to an used item that all ready payed the tax...

but basically you no the ricks and can do what you want just no that at some point some one can go after you thow i dont thing there been any single person that has be charged with downloading and play a rom they dont own yet... as its too costly to do so. $50,000 is what it normally cost to go after some one witch when they do you can just go in to bankrupts and advoding paying or jail... but i no there working at trying to find a way to fine many people and at a cheaper cost. like the music industry some times they will get you to pay $3000 and a slap on the wrist kinda deal and probably most pay it.

Edited by thrasher_565

13 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

hmm i guess i just have old emulators from simpler times... i guess this makes sens thow to have to still own part of an old console for the sake of progress.

i own 30 sfc and 30 n64 and 350 sfc controllers and 140 n64 controller...

but then there's the argument that you buy a game from ebay and no moeny gose to Nintendo anyway... then there then tax on tax scam... adding tax to an used item that all ready payed the tax...

but basically you no the ricks and can do what you want just no that at some point some one can go after you thow i dont thing there been any single person that has be charged with downloading and play a rom they dont own yet... as its too costly to do so. $50,000 is what it normally cost to go after some one witch when they do you can just go in to bankrupts and advoding paying or jail... but i no there working at trying to find a way to fine many people and at a cheaper cost. like the music industry some times they will get you to pay $3000 and a slap on the wrist kinda deal and probably most pay it.

You do have a fair point and I agree with ya. But still it is one of those things to be aware of and also why a lot companies don't like emulators. Nintendo has gone out of their way to make it difficult to emulate anything. Then again, nintendo is rediculous about protecting their IP to begin with. Other manufactures they frown on it but how many are playing on a PS4 emulator or a PS3 emulator? Ya know?

17 minutes ago, Pickles von Brine said:

You do have a fair point and I agree with ya. But still it is one of those things to be aware of and also why a lot companies don't like emulators. Nintendo has gone out of their way to make it difficult to emulate anything. Then again, nintendo is rediculous about protecting their IP to begin with. Other manufactures they frown on it but how many are playing on a PS4 emulator or a PS3 emulator? Ya know?

ya indeed. i guess to sum it up. have an old console rip a key off of it and use it on legal emulators, buy the game if posable and hope that's the lesser of the evils... 🤔 

you can buy rom rippers but they seem hard to get and not for all consoles it seems ...so... ill leave it at that.. 

any some fun pics

bday 001.jpg

nes snes sfc n64 006.jpg

nes snes sfc n64 007.jpg

nes snes sfc n64 010.jpg

pc update 011.jpg

gc 001.jpg

orange controllers 003.jpg

orange system update 2 003.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

My god

35 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya indeed. i guess to sum it up. have an old console rip a key off of it and use it on legal emulators, buy the game if posable and hope that's the lesser of the evils... 🤔 

you can buy rom rippers but they seem hard to get and not for all consoles it seems ...so... ill leave it at that.. 

any some fun pics

bday 001.jpg

nes snes sfc n64 006.jpg

nes snes sfc n64 007.jpg

nes snes sfc n64 010.jpg

pc update 011.jpg

gc 001.jpg

orange controllers 003.jpg

orange system update 2 003.jpg

Mother of God
What do you do with all of those?

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

Discussion about emulation is fine and allowed. We don't assist with acquiring games. If you own games, you can make personal copies of them (unless your countries laws dictate otherwise).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv