Haalp changing qwertz to qwerty?!? Broke my screw driver

Cabbageonion

Hello, I can’t get these tiny key holders out. I’m trying to change the huge enter to tiny enter and the key above enter. Can I even do that. So far I got one out with screw driver. I can’t get out the blue ones. 

B26508F8-8520-466B-B794-0CCAC91CF902.jpeg

… so I made it like this, but these two keys don’t match the layout. Does anyone know what layout this would be in windows?

57C5BF42-69A5-48DC-8177-707CD66030A9.jpeg

This keyboard plate doesn't support ANSI (the horizontal wide) Enter keys, only ISO (upside-down L) Enter. You can't put a keycap where it should go.

As for the stabilizers, I seems you're pushing on the wrong side. 

You push on the circled blue bits and then lift it up:

image.thumb.png.8821e2ea48012b5f992ed8d1e3491ea0.png

This video (timestamped at 0:28) shows off the process well:

What keyboard is this? Do you know for sure it's hotswap? Because I see some soldertin on the keyswitch which you normally only see with soldered keyboards.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

This keyboard plate doesn't support ANSI (the horizontal wide) Enter keys, only ISO (upside-down L) Enter. You can't put a keycap where it should go.

As for the stabilizers, I seems you're pushing on the wrong side. 

You push on the circled blue bits and then lift it up:

image.thumb.png.8821e2ea48012b5f992ed8d1e3491ea0.png

This video (timestamped at 0:28) shows off the process well:

What keyboard is this? Do you know for sure it's hotswap? Because I see some soldertin on the keyswitch which you normally only see with soldered keyboards.

Thank you!!! It is a ducky one two mini. And I’m putting redragon key caps. I don’t know if it is a hot swap. I know nothing. I’m changing this because I only have these two keyboards and key caps and I don’t like the europe german layout on the ducky. 

20 minutes ago, Cabbageonion said:

Thank you!!! It is a ducky one two mini. And I’m putting redragon key caps. I don’t know if it is a hot swap. I know nothing. I’m changing this because I only have these two keyboards and key caps and I don’t like the europe german layout on the ducky. 

The Ducky One Two Mini is not hotswappable.

Hotswap means you can take out the keycaps (the things you type on) and replace them without desoldering. This board is not hotswap, so that is not possible.

So I don't know how much force you put on the Enter keyswitch to pull it out, but I'd be surprised if that key still works (consistently) afterwards.

Keycaps have printing on them to show what key they are suppose to be, but in Windows you can choose the layout you want to use and that actually decides the keys' actions.

You can add another language (i.e. English US International or any other QWERTY input language) and then set your keyboard layout to that, from within Windows Settings' Time and Language tab.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, minibois said:

The Ducky One Two Mini is not hotswappable.

Hotswap means you can take out the keycaps (the things you type on) and replace them without desoldering. This board is not hotswap, so that is not possible.

So I don't know how much force you put on the Enter keyswitch to pull it out, but I'd be surprised if that key still works (consistently) afterwards.

Keycaps have printing on them to show what key they are suppose to be, but in Windows you can choose the layout you want to use and that actually decides the keys' actions.

You can add another language (i.e. English US International or any other QWERTY input language) and then set your keyboard layout to that, from within Windows Settings' Time and Language tab.

Can you please tell me. That enter key switch I removed. I can’t put it in properly. I don’t hear a click and it doesn’t stand inside stable and my enter key doesn’t respond every time. How can I push it in properly. I looked at videos but it’s not so easy. 

35 minutes ago, Cabbageonion said:

Can you please tell me. That enter key switch I removed. I can’t put it in properly. I don’t hear a click and it doesn’t stand inside stable and my enter key doesn’t respond every time. How can I push it in properly. I looked at videos but it’s not so easy. 

This keyboard is not hotswappable, so when you took out the keyswitch you must've put a LOT of force into it, ripping the switch from the soldered pad it was attached to.
That is why you can't seat it anymore, it's because the switch has some of the soldertin on it, so it doesn't fit in the whole. Plus, even if you did seat the switch, it wouldn't be attached to the board.

This can only be repaired by soldering the switch back in.

• 2 weeks later...

You can remove keycaps on a hot-swappable or non-hot-swappable keyboard.  The difference is can you remove the SWITCHES they fit on.

Keycaps should be removable regardless of what kind of keyboard you have.