i7 3517U won't turbo boost past 1.9GHz

I have this laptop where I installed Windows 7 over Windows 10.

In windows 10 CPU regulary did turbo boost to it's specification freq but not on Windows 7.

How could I resolve this?

I changed power managment ,different profiles, no luck.

Max Freq is as shown on pic.

I see others had issue as well:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/i7-3517U-Turbo-boost-is-not-activating/td-p/529920

3517u.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Use throttlestop to manually set freq and may aswell have a go at yeeting the power limits to get rid of garbage power throttling

The base frequency of that CPU is 1.9GHz, which means that that's what it's rated to do when fully loaded on all cores and threads and limited to its TDP in intensive scenarios, like AVX. Usually, in real-world cases, the CPU will run a bit above its base clock, but all you're guaranteed in full-load scenarios is 1.9GHz. If the laptop allows you to raise the TDP, and the system doesn't overheat, then you could get more, but even then, the full 3.0GHz boost would only be seen when you are using a single thread, which basically never happens in real-world cases these days.

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

The base frequency of that CPU is 1.9GHz, which means that that's what it's rated to do when fully loaded on all cores and threads and limited to its TDP in intensive scenarios, like AVX. Usually, in real-world cases, the CPU will run a bit above its base clock, but all you're guaranteed in full-load scenarios is 1.9GHz. If the laptop allows you to raise the TDP, and the system doesn't overheat, then you could get more, but even then, the full 3.0GHz boost would only be seen when you are using a single thread, which basically never happens in real-world cases these days.

I boosts fine above 1.9GHz on W10 Pro.

How come?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

55 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I boosts fine above 1.9GHz on W10 Pro.

How come?

I'm not sure. It could be a driver issue - Windows 7 wasn't as good about finding all the relevant drivers, and you don't have Windows Update to help you now. Did you install the chipset drivers for the laptop from Intel?

I'm not sure. It could be a driver issue - Windows 7 wasn't as good about finding all the relevant drivers, and you don't have Windows Update to help you now. Did you install the chipset drivers for the laptop from Intel?

Yes,autoinstall with software.

Does Intel have turbo boost driver for CPU?

On 8/18/2022 at 4:58 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Use throttlestop to manually set freq and may aswell have a go at yeeting the power limits to get rid of garbage power throttling

Okay. So what settings should I put with Throttlestop?

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu-intel_core_i7_3517u

ts.jpg

22 hours ago, frozensun said:

Yes,autoinstall with software.

Does Intel have turbo boost driver for CPU?

The driver to install would be the chipset driver. The laptop manufacturer should have it available on their website.

The driver to install would be the chipset driver. The laptop manufacturer should have it available on their website.

installed...no luck.Maybe these are wring ones?
How could I know?

I used Driver Booster to install them since I couldn't install ones from website gave me some dumb error message.

@frozensun

In ThrottleStop check Set Multiplier. Set that to the maximum value, 30. Press the Turn On button. You do not want to see Monitoring in the title bar.

Post TRL and TPL screenshots.