the leapmotion...any thoughts?

Cerdjee4

whatsup guys? I've been watching some videos about the leapmotion, a peripheral with which you can use you handgestures to control your pc in 3d space (minority report style). I wanted to know if anyone has an idea when I can buy it

ahh yesh, I did see that I could pre-order it...but I was wondering when I can "order" it...I live in south america...and my country sucks...so pre-ordering will be a bitch, because I have to use an import company.

Their international shipping price is $12.99, i'm not sure if that includes your country, email them and ask, it never hurts. :) Good luck.

Hm, ok. Not sure what else to do then. Sorry. frown.png

Where are you from?

I just pre-ordered mine! Might have it before Linus does :P

If it works as advertised it should make interacting with the computer somewhat different and hopefully reduce carpal tunnel syndrome some, can't say it will erase it though especially if you do the same hand motions over and over.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

If it works as advertised it should make interacting with the computer somewhat different and hopefully reduce carpal tunnel syndrome some, can't say it will erase it though especially if you do the same hand motions over and over.

awesome O_O do you have any idea when it's gonna be shipped?

awesome O_O do you have any idea when it's gonna be shipped?

I guess I could re-read the website but my personal guess is May 2013

Edit: OK just read the website and it states: We are estimating that the Leap Motion controller will ship in early 2013.

So what ever Early 2013 is, again I'm guessing May 2013, not holding my breath for next week (as that would be early 2013 in my book).

• 1 month later...

Update: Its going to ship May 13th for preorders (shipped based on preorder order date), and in BestBuy stores on the 19th.

http://www.gizmag.com/leap-motion-re...6-UA-2235360-4

And:

https://www.leapmotion.com/press_rel...-stores-may-19

PS: I guessed correctly :D

• 1 month later...

Another player enters!

Myo

two_rings.png

Video of it in use: http://youtu.be/oWu9TFJjHaM

WebSite for it and they're taking pre-orders : https://getmyo.com

Price : $149.00 USD

I just placed my order :D

• 1 month later...

Say goodbye to your mouse and keyboard.

Leap represents an entirely new way to interact with your computers. It’s more accurate than a mouse, as reliable as a keyboard and more sensitive than a touchscreen. For the first time, you can control a computer in three dimensions with your natural hand and finger movements.

This isn’t a game system that roughly maps your hand movements. The Leap technology is 200 times more accurate than anything else on the market — at any price point. Just about the size of a flash drive, the Leap can distinguish your individual fingers and track your movements down to a 1/100th of a millimeter.

This is like day one of the mouse. Except, no one needs an instruction manual for their hands.

and

http://www.leapmotion.com/

This looks really interesting. Only just found it and it didn't come up in any of the forum's search results.

I don't think it will replace the keyboard and mouse altogether, but its certainly looks cool. Any idea's how he was moving forward in the HL2 demo?????

CPU: i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz GPU: HD7970 OC 1200MHz/1650MHz @ 1.138v RAM: 16GB 1866MHz Hyper X Fury PSU: SilverStone 1200W Strider Gold MOBO: MSI GD65 GAMING COOLER: Swiftech H220 CASE: Corsair Air 540 SSD: OCZ 240GB AGILITY 3 HDD: 2X 1TB SAMSUNG SPOINPOINT KEYBOARD: SteelSeries 6GV2 MOUSE: ZOWIE PRO EVO MONITOR: 27" Asus LED 1080p

I don't think this will replace keyboard. But it may replace mouse for sure IMO.

And I'm really excited to try it myself.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Far from new news. Maybe this'll be better suited as a discussion topic in the peripherals section.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I'll always prefer keyboard and mouse really. It's a much more convenient medium of use for me.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I'll always prefer keyboard and mouse really. It's a much more convenient medium of use for me.

I'd like to have the tech to use, but keyboard/mouse for me till I get used to it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

*_* 80$!!!! Im buying one<3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Not convinced yet.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

(This is really old news) Keyboards definitely not. as for mice it's very improbable if you're going to be using your PC for more than a few minutes without a break and if you're doing anything other than watching videos. Sure it's fast and intuitive, but it's not as accurate nor as ergonomic. after using this for an hour your lower arm will want to fall off...