is 700D enough for this ?

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

So that camera has a few limitations you should be aware of. 

-no af during video. So Id plan on not changing focusing during a shot, but you can change manual focus as needed.

-no headphone jack. So you can't monitor the audio your recording, hard to tell if there is noise or a issue with audio when recording

-Bad onboard microphones. I wouldn't want to use any audio from the included camera, so either add it in post, or get another mic.

Its hard to say how well it would work without more details, but I'd guess it would work if you can deal with those limits. Also plan on some time learning how to shoot good video with it.

Id look for a camcorder too if you can, a lot of nice video features the dslr's don't have.

so i got a client recently who wants to do a short film shooting, and he reached out to me for that, now i don't have any gear, his budget is just about 50$, and of course i need to rent right ? and the best camera i could find with the right price (in rent) is EOS 700D with 15-85mm lens, is it enough for just a simple legend film (reference : Kian Santang, Javanese legend)

i am mainly focused on photography and not videography, can someone help me

3 minutes ago, eBrocoli said:

so i got a client recently who wants to do a short film shooting, and he reached out to me for that, now i don't have any gear, his budget is just about 50$, and of course i need to rent right ? and the best camera i could find with the right price (in rent) is EOS 700D with 15-85mm lens, is it enough for just a simple legend film (reference : Kian Santang, Javanese legend)

i am mainly focused on photography and not videography, can someone help me

His budget to hire you is $50? And are you expected to pay for the rental from that $50 as well as your salary for the job? That is beyond ridiculous.

-no af during video. So Id plan on not changing focusing during a shot, but you can change manual focus as needed.

-no headphone jack. So you can't monitor the audio your recording, hard to tell if there is noise or a issue with audio when recording

-Bad onboard microphones. I wouldn't want to use any audio from the included camera, so either add it in post, or get another mic.

Its hard to say how well it would work without more details, but I'd guess it would work if you can deal with those limits. Also plan on some time learning how to shoot good video with it.

Id look for a camcorder too if you can, a lot of nice video features the dslr's don't have.

8 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

His budget to hire you is $50? And are you expected to pay for the rental from that $50 as well as your salary for the job? That is beyond ridiculous.

i haven't include the hiring fee

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

okay thanks mate

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

now how about 600D ??

Just get a Sony A7 first gen. everything you need for video is in there. Should be cheap to rent now. It might cost extra for the lenses.

Remember it's not about the gear, it's the man behind the gear. You can make great videos with just a phone.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, eBrocoli said:

now how about 600D ??

600d is 2 models older, so gonna be worse in most ways by a little bit. 

Do you have a phone with a decent camera? Phone cameras are getting to the level of those older dslrs, esp if you don't have much experience and set them up well.

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

600d is 2 models older, so gonna be worse in most ways by a little bit. 

Do you have a phone with a decent camera? Phone cameras are getting to the level of those older dslrs, esp if you don't have much experience and set them up well.

yea.... okay anyway thanks