Dark Souls 2 sales numbers on PC

deathjester

75,000 players online simultaneously. Estimated 150,000 copies sold already.

Go get em PC.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/681257-dark-souls-2s-popularity-on-pc-shows-that-pc-gaming-is-as-big-as-ever#/slide/1. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I want to buy Dark Souls but i just can't bring myself to it.. is it that awesome?

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

YES! Now let's wait for lots of mods, high textures here we come! :D

Sorry I can be such a fanboy when it comes to a Souls game... :wub: 

not bad if you think how forgotten this game actually is by some of the mainstream media.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I want to buy Dark Souls but i just can't bring myself to it.. is it that awesome?

Dark Souls 2 is, DS1 was horrible on PC. :/

my problem with these series is the camera movement.

Why cant they allow me to move it with my mouse?

YES! Now let's wait for lots of mods, high textures here we come! :D

Sorry I can be such a fanboy when it comes to a Souls game... :wub: 

They are already here. DSfix/Gedosato mod. Can downsample the game from ridiculous resolutions with as much GPU power as you can push.

6uVXUha.png

Gallery

http://imgur.com/a/YhZbP#15

I Play it on a Xbox 360 controller (fingers are killing me atm since I don't use controller much anymore lol). Some people have said there are problems on mouse keyboard or with remaps. I would just use X-Mouse control. It is free. Works in every game and you can remap any keyboard button to a usb mouse button with it. Do it on my G500 all the time for games where they lock scroll up and down for dumb stuff or if a game doesn't support tilt wheel etc. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

They are already here. DSfix/Gedosato mod. Can downsample the game from ridiculous resolutions with as much GPU power as you can push.

Gallery

I Play it on a Xbox 360 controller (fingers are killing me atm since I don't use controller much anymore lol). Some people have said there are problems on mouse keyboard or with remaps. I would just use X-Mouse control. It is free. Works in every game and you can remap any keyboard button to a usb mouse button with it. Do it on my G500 all the time for games where they lock scroll up and down for dumb stuff or if a game doesn't support tilt wheel etc. 

Well... that was fast lol I still have to wait till my summer build anyways(mid-June), I sold my gaming PC a few months ago to completely pay my college debt. So by June this game will look astonishing at 1440p I hope. 

Loved the old school gameplay, feel and the "go figure it out" story telling of Dark Souls 1. Will pick up 2 as soon as there is a sale.

Praise the sun! \[T]/

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

its awesome, but dont expect not to rage quit.

its awesome, but dont expect not to rage quit.

Oh but that feeling of accomplishment when you beat a boss... it makes me go back to old NES games. :wub:

Controller forced piece of shit, am glad i didn't buy it until i tested it on a friends pc.

Controller forced piece of shit, am glad i didn't buy it until i tested it on a friends pc.

Well I might be a little biased since I love the series, but it's controller forced for a reason.

It's like racing games, it just won't work to it's fullest potential with mouse and kb. Kinda like racing and some 3rd person games.

The combat controls in souls games have made me throw out all the typical PC fan's RPGs like Skyrim out of the window, no combat control feel satisfactory anymore.

You can say it's a piece of shit, I don't mind that, but please don't say it's that because of the controls.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

If you're VAC banned on Source titles, hold off your money until From Soft. resolves the flagging issue. It is a decent port, I've dumped hours into the game but the fact that VAC is enabled means that future mods might put you at risk of getting flagged. I've also made a topic discussing this as well on the forum here.

Gallery

Well... that was fast lol I still have to wait till my summer build anyways(mid-June), I sold my gaming PC a few months ago to completely pay my college debt. So by June this game will look astonishing at 1440p I hope. 

Those pictures are from Dark Souls 1. The only Dark Souls 2 thing is the youtube video.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Well I might be a little biased since I love the series, but it's controller forced for a reason.

It's like racing games, it just won't work to it's fullest potential with mouse and kb. Kinda like racing and some 3rd person games.

The combat controls in souls games have made me throw out all the typical PC fan's RPGs like Skyrim out of the window, no combat control feel satisfactory anymore.

You can say it's a piece of shit, I don't mind that, but please don't say it's that because of the controls.

I am sorry, if i wanted to use a controller i'd get a console copy of it. Everything DS2 does have been done before and better. and the combo system is unintuitive as hell,  if you want a combo system then i direct you to Chivalry medieval warfare. Calling this a PC game is a joke as its unplayable with keyboard and mouse.

I am sorry, if i wanted to use a controller i'd get a console copy of it. Everything DS2 does have been done before and better. and the combo system is unintuitive as hell,  if you want a combo system then i direct you to Chivalry medieval warfare. Calling this a PC game is a joke as its unplayable with keyboard and mouse.

You can feel that way it's alright, but the combo system is just a new addition and it's hardly the core of the Souls game's combat.

And on the topic of chivalry, I know something about how swords and sword fighting works and chivalry just boggles my mind. It tries to be realistic then throws it out the window with all the wiggling and waggling bs the players do. Not that DkS is any better, I'll give you that

And to me I don't give to shits if a game that is good works the best on a controller, that's just how it is. Not that I like conrollers, I had a horrible experience playing Halo with one yesterday.

But apparently our preferences don't meet so maybe it'd be good to stop.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I feel like the level of PC elitism is a little too high in that post. 

I don't think there's a game that does what DS does. Chivalry is as close as it gets and it's not very close to the same imo. 

So are many racing PC games. Certain games are simply better with certain peripherals. Is a flight simulator a joke as a PC game just because it's designed to be played with a flight stick and cockpit controls? I mean really. It's mostly the same thing.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I feel like the level of PC elitism is a little too high in that post. 

I don't think there's a game that does what DS does. Chivalry is as close as it gets and it's not very close to the same imo. 

So are many racing PC games. Certain games are simply better with certain peripherals. Is a flight simulator a joke as a PC game just because it's designed to be played with a flight stick and cockpit controls? I mean really. It's very similar to this.

Please point out where PC elitism is high, and the point to flight sims being similar to DS2 really REALLY boggles my mind as one as sold as a definite "you need this to play the game", while the DS2 have a little note that says that it supports controllers, and DS2 being nowhere near as demanding to play.

if i play flight sim with a joystick fine, if i play racing games with a wheel fine, but both of those are ADVERTISED as it.

You can feel that way it's alright, but the combo system is just a new addition and it's hardly the core of the Souls game's combat.

And on the topic of chivalry, I know something about how swords and sword fighting works and chivalry just boggles my mind. It tries to be realistic then throws it out the window with all the wiggling and waggling bs the players do. Not that DkS is any better, I'll give you that

And to me I don't give to shits if a game that is good works the best on a controller, that's just how it is. Not that I like conrollers, I had a horrible experience playing Halo with one yesterday.

But apparently our preferences don't meet so maybe it'd be good to stop.

so why are you bringing in realism into games that clearly has no connection to it ?. Again if i wanted to play with a controller i would use my xbox 360 to do so since it was purposely designed to do it and are clearly better to PC's when it comes to support for controllers, i played the DS1 for a long time and had fun, and i thought that DS2 would've been a fun game that's why i was planning on getting on PC, but no, its like taping a brick to your hand when playing with the keyboard and mouse, not to mention having to mod files to get it to behave on a PC and not be limited by the console hardware.

Please point out where PC elitism is high, and the point to flight sims being similar to DS2 really REALLY boggles my mind as one as sold as a definite "you need this to play the game", while the DS2 have a little note that says that it supports controllers, and DS2 being nowhere near as demanding to play.

if i play flight sim with a joystick fine, if i play racing games with a wheel fine, but both of those are ADVERTISED as it.

I am sorry, if i wanted to use a controller i'd get a console copy of it. ... Calling this a PC game is a joke as its unplayable with keyboard and mouse.

Heavily implying that controllers aren't for pc games. It implies they are beneath a PC's peripherals.

Not what I meant. When I said "I mean really. It's very similar to this." I meant that DS2 is designed in such a way that a controller is best for playing it, while the same is true of flight simulators (and now that I think of it, fighting games). 

I don't know what you mean. I've never seen advertising explicitly saying those games must be played with those peripherals. It's only obvious to players that those peripherals make the most sense. DS is fairly unique so I doubt people would automatically understand that a controller is best for it. 

† Christian Member †