planning to get an ultrawide and not sure between 2 monitors

rustable
2 minutes ago, rustable said:

i was planning to get the hp x34 but then i randomly got recommended a video with a version of this monitor Cooler Master GM34-CW2 and now im not sure which one to get 🙂

You mean by Dawid Do Tech Stuff ? 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

4 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

You mean by Dawid Do Tech Stuff ? 🙂

yes lol, its not the exact same but yes

4 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

the main difference, besides curve, is va vs ips. what your preferences are, and what types of things you do with your pc will help determine which you want.

the curve of the cooler master panel helps negate the viewing angle issues of va as well.

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/ips-vs-va-panels-for-gaming

lol i play videogames, but i think imma just try one and return if i dont like, and get the other

8 minutes ago, rustable said:

lol i play videogames, but i think imma just try one and return if i dont like, and get the other

That's incredibly wasteful. How will you know you don't like the other one as well?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12 minutes ago, rustable said:

well if it's fps gaming, ips is the better way to go. ips has better colors, but va better contrast(and usually higher latency), so not as good for competitive gaming. you can "just return" the one you don't like, but what i was getting at is with some research, you will likely be able to pick the right one for your needs without wasting time.

11 minutes ago, dizmo said:

That's incredibly wasteful. How will you know you don't like the other one as well?

if i dont like the second ill return that and get the first again, and if for some reason i cant do that i can just buy both and return the one i dont like

edit: sorry if i sound dumb, but i dont do this stuff

Just now, bmx6454 said:

well if it's fps gaming, ips is the better way to go. ips has better colors, but va better contrast(and usually higher latency), so not as good for competitive gaming. you can "just return" the one you don't like, but what i was getting at is with some research, you will likely be able to pick the right one for your needs without wasting time.

thats fair enough, but i also dont play super competitve, but i heard that having a curved monitor of this size looks "more immersive"

5 minutes ago, rustable said:

thats fair enough, but i also dont play super competitve, but i heard that having a curved monitor of this size looks "more immersive"

that's also preference, but i find that to be true. this is the monitor i have: https://www.amazon.com/AOC-CU34G2X-Frameless-Immersive-Adjustable/dp/B07ZB2TNZZ

very similar to the cooler master one you linked. it definitely has some draw backs, such as the colors don't pop as much as an ips, but it also doesn't have ips glow, and i find the the darks are much better, and the curve is immersive, but i mainly only play single player games on my pc(when i play splitgate, or forza competitively, i don't notice any major delays though).

8 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

that's also preference, but i find that to be true. this is the monitor i have: https://www.amazon.com/AOC-CU34G2X-Frameless-Immersive-Adjustable/dp/B07ZB2TNZZ

very similar to the cooler master one you linked. it definitely has some draw backs, such as the colors don't pop as much as an ips, but it also doesn't have ips glow, and i find the the darks are much better, and the curve is immersive, but i mainly only play single player games on my pc.

ill get the  Cooler Master GM34-CW2 and if theres any glaring issues ill get the hp x34 

On 8/3/2022 at 4:10 PM, rustable said:

if i dont like the second ill return that and get the first again, and if for some reason i cant do that i can just buy both and return the one i dont like

edit: sorry if i sound dumb, but i dont do this stuff

That's such a shitty way to act as a consumer.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

That's such a shitty way to act as a consumer.

Ok and? What's the mega corp going to do? Cry?

That's such a shitty way to reply

7 hours ago, rustable said:

I hope you don't mind rising prices, because if you think they merely "cry" and suck up the loss, you're gravely mistaken. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

8 hours ago, rustable said:

Your action as a single person won't do much. But as there are thousands of people doing just that it will result in more e-waste, shipping emmissions and thus raised prices for everyone. You'll have to decide yourself if you're going to do it but at least be aware of the consequences on a broader spectrum.

The sole reason why we're in a climate crisis is because everyone thinks their actions don't matter, they're just one person after all. But collectively they do and have a wider impact. This also applies to the return culture that's been created by Amazon Prime's shipping and return policy.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Your action as a single person won't do much. But as there are thousands of people doing just that it will result in more e-waste, shipping emmissions and thus raised prices for everyone. You'll have to decide yourself if you're going to do it but at least be aware of the consequences.

Most places just sell them as open box items, and loss like that is almost always accounted for in the price. Unless this became a trend and a insane influx of people were to do it, there will be little effect. Your energy would be better spent, advocating for more efficient transportation practices/ energy production (which we all should be doing).

My name chef

23 minutes ago, Bi0 said:

Most places just sell them as open box items, and loss like that is almost always accounted for in the price. Unless this became a trend and a insane influx of people were to do it, there will be little effect. Your energy would be better spent, advocating for more efficient transportation practices/ energy production (which we all should be doing).

Or just fight the cause of the problem. In this case just inform yourself so you're going to buy the fitting item. You can optimize the efficiency of transportation all you want. An extra package needing to be shipped will always cost extra energy. And yes, some shops will sell returns as open-box, but some don't. In that case returns just go into the landfill.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Your action as a single person won't do much. But as there are thousands of people doing just that it will result in more e-waste, shipping emmissions and thus raised prices for everyone. You'll have to decide yourself if you're going to do it but at least be aware of the consequences on a broader spectrum.

The sole reason why we're in a climate crisis is because everyone thinks their actions don't matter, they're just one person after all. But collectively they do and have a wider impact. This also applies to the return culture that's been created by Amazon Prime's shipping and return policy.

Thanks for replying in an actually respondable way, that does make sense, but I should have mentioned that this guy comes and says that a day after it was already resolved and I wasnt going to it in the first place

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Or just fight the cause of the problem. In this case just inform yourself so you're going to buy the fitting item. You can optimize the efficiency of transportation all you want. An extra package needing to be shipped will always cost extra energy. And yes, some shops will sell returns as open-box, but some don't. In that case returns just go into the landfill.

so go to micro center 👍, then you can return with confidence LMAO.

@rustable glad to hear it, hope you are happy with the new piece of equipment bro!

My name chef

2 minutes ago, Bi0 said:

You obviously still didn't get it. You still end up needing to drive it back, needing extra time and fuel and Microcenter still ends up with an open box item they need to re-evaluate and either resell at a lower price or scrap it. Also Microcenter is a thing in the US only. Most other parts of the world don't have huge dedicated PC electronics stores.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

You obviously still didn't get it. You still end up needing to drive it back, needing extra time and fuel and Microcenter still ends up with an open box item they need to re-evaluate and either resell at a lower price or scrap it. Also Microcenter is a thing in the US only. Most other parts of the world don't have huge dedicated PC electronics stores.

Bro you can't go down that rabbit hole, because you are contributing to it every time you turn on that power hungry gaming pc. If you truly are that bothered you better be biking to work and live completely on solar, while also planting trees to off put the emissions you create by just putting out your trash. Honestly the best thing you could do for the planet is not exist, but please keep going on about how returning a monitor is TOO big of an emissions crisis for you to stand idly by while you do nothing about the ongoing death of our world.

My name chef

44 minutes ago, Bi0 said:

Bro you can't go down that rabbit hole, because you are contributing to it every time you turn on that power hungry gaming pc. If you truly are that bothered you better be biking to work and live completely on solar, while also planting trees to off put the emissions you create by just putting out your trash. Honestly the best thing you could do for the planet is not exist, but please keep going on about how returning a monitor is TOO big of an emissions crisis for you to stand idly by while you do nothing about the ongoing death of our world.

I wasn't comparing apples to oranges, but you obviously didn't care or didn't know about the consequenses of this return culture so i felt it's necessary to try and enlighten you. I'm not delusional knowing that i've returned plenty of things i bought. But at least while knowing what i'm doing. And endorsing this behavior is something i don't think is a good idea.

6 hours ago, Bi0 said:

@rustable glad to hear it, hope you are happy with the new piece of equipment bro!

thank you

Lol sorry but I am back again, I was kinda uninformed last time I came here and was waiting to buy a monitor at the same time as the other pc parts, but since I pretty much just play Minecraft currently and that game can run on my system at a few hundred fps I'm deciding to buy a monitor now, especially because I was looking on buildapcsales and saw a pretty good looking ultra wide that's cheap currently, if this is not how I am supposed to do it then please tell me if I should make a new topic or not

So should I get the Cooler Master GM34-CW2, or the GIGABYTE G34WQC A-SA, I cannot find any exact reviews for these monitors, only the older version of these monitors, I'm leaning towards the g34wqc

Edit, I do know some differences between the new and old versions of these monitors, the g34wqc non -sa is a 3000:1 contrast ratio while the -sa version has a 4000:1 ratio

Edit2: found some info on the Gm34, so far the cooler master seems a little below average in most stats and exceptional in a few stats, so far I still stand with the g34wqc