looking for a gpu for my i7 3770

Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

RX560 enabled my World of Tanks at medium settings 70fps, RX570 Max settings 80-100fps.

Worth it at the right price.

Depends on the games tho...

And in the 2 months you need first...for the PSU upgrade,...the RX570 might be even cheaper.

Budget (including currency):  132-142 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA V, CSGO, pubg, cod & mafia games

Other details:

I have a 60 Hz 720p monitor (planning to get another 1080p monitor for a dedicated gpu and use my current one on my intel hd 400)

I have an i7 3770 and I want to know if waiting then upgrading my psu to get an rx 570 is worth it or do I just get an rx 560?
Main question is will an i7 3770 bottleneck an rx 570 that it wouldn't make much difference from an rx 560?

If you'll get 1080p monitor then RX570 is a better choice than RX560. That CPU may be old but it's still good enough for many games. Obviously, some of the demanding new titles will not be running nearly as well but you should be still GPU bound most of the time anyways.

RX570 is a good fit for most 4C8T chips, for the most part you'll be GPU limited in most titles except cases where newer games might use 80+% of all cores, but still quite playable with fps caps of some sort helping out the processing peaks interrupting gameplay.

The CPU is still good for 30-60fps in many titles, and RX570 decent medium-high settings for that 30-60fps experience.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

If you'll get 1080p monitor then RX570 is a better choice than RX560. That CPU may be old but it's still good enough for many games. Obviously, some of the demanding new titles will not be running nearly as well but you should be still GPU bound most of the time anyways.

It will take a while to get a psu + the gpu though, you think it's worth it?

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

RX570 is a good fit for most 4C8T chips, for the most part you'll be GPU limited in most titles except cases where newer games might use 80+% of all cores, but still quite playable with fps caps of some sort helping out the processing peaks interrupting gameplay.

The CPU is still good for 30-60fps in many titles, and RX570 decent medium-high settings for that 30-60fps experience.

I'd need to upgrade my psu as well and it'll take about 1 or 2 months, you think its worth the wait?

RX560 enabled my World of Tanks at medium settings 70fps, RX570 Max settings 80-100fps.

Worth it at the right price.

Depends on the games tho...

And in the 2 months you need first...for the PSU upgrade,...the RX570 might be even cheaper.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 minutes ago, BloxyAaron said:

I'd need to upgrade my psu as well and it'll take about 1 or 2 months, you think its worth the wait?

what PSU do you have right now?

18 minutes ago, WereCat said:

what PSU do you have right now?

a 400w 80 plus gold hp psu, issue is it doesnt have an 8 bin power connector

1 minute ago, BloxyAaron said:

a 400w 80 plus gold hp psu, issue is it doesnt have an 8 bin power connector

if you don't want to wait that long then RX 560 makes sense but thats up to you