Hi all,

I decided to overclock my i5-4670K... I ran some stress tests and got various results, so I'm not sure whether it is safe to call it stable or not.

Here is how I overclocked:

CPU core clock: 4.4GHz 4.3GHz

CPU core voltage: 1.25V (manual mode for stress testing) Decreased to 1.18V

CPU cache: 4.2GHz 4.1GHz

CPU cache voltage: 1.24V decreased to 1.16V

RAM frequency: 1333MHz/ 1600MHz

RAM voltage: Auto/ 1.5V

I stress tested 2 hours of OCCT (with the 1333MHz and voltage set to Auto for the RAM) and passed (max. temperature was 86°C). I then ran Cinebench on all cores 5 times and passed with around 648cb each time (max temperature was 76°C), and finally I did 8 hours of Intel XTU CPU test, which I also passed (max temperature was 84°C).

I then decided to change the RAM frequency to 1600MHz and the voltage to 1.5MHz. It passed 1h 15mins of Intel XTU Memory test (max temperature was 84°C). However it failed the Prime95 Blend test after roughly 1h 20mins. it got up to 99 degrees and I got a BSOD with a 124 code (not sure what that means). So I ran Aida64 (Stress CPU, Stress FPU, Stress Cache and Stress System Memory) for 9h 30mins and it passed with a max temperature of 84°C.

New tests: Aida64 (22mins) max temperature of 79°. Also tried 10 passes (on Very High) on Intel Burn Test, max temperature was 93°. I did those two tests with these settings: Core 4.4GHz, Core Voltage 1.195, Cache 4.2GHz and Cache voltage 1.190V 

Constantly got BSOD 124 and 9c on 4.4GHz, didn't want to increase voltage any more (getting really hot) so I'm running stress tests with 4.3GHz and 1.18V atm, looks good in Prime95 Blend though, been running for over 1hour 30mins and hottest core was 89 degrees. I just finished a 8hour 35mins Aida64 test (all checked except for GPU and local discs) and I ran it without a problem, max temp was 78 degrees. This was at Core 4.3GHz 1.18V and cache 4.1GHz 1.16V. Cinebench (5 times) gave me consistently good results an the max temp was 73 degrees. I also did some editing and rendering (adobe Premiere) with Google Chrome and also Photoshop open - I got a max temp of 72 degrees, so I'm pretty happy with the results. Might do a Memtest, though,.to see if everything is good ;)

PS: The rest of my hardware is in my signature  ;) 

My PC:

Intel Core i5-4670K | ASUS Z87-Pro | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | MSI GTX760 TF OC Gaming 2GB | Corsair c70 | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB (SSD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB (HDD) | Corsair RM750 | Cooler Master 212 Evo | CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Red) | Corsair M65 | audio-technica ATH-M50 | Dell UltraSharp U2414H | Logitech C920 | Windows 10 Pro

1.25v for 4.4ghz oc seems a bit too much for a haswell cpu. I would try lowering it down a bit. 2-3 pass in IBT extreme preset should give you quick idea on whether it is stable or not.

Try to set the voltage on fixed and see where it goes up to.

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

1.25v for 4.4ghz oc seems a bit too much for a haswell cpu. I would try lowering it down a bit. 2-3 pass in IBT extreme preset should give you quick idea on whether it is stable or not.

Yeah, I tried lower, but my chip seems too be bad for overclocking :/ I'll try a bit lower :)

Try to set the voltage on fixed and see where it goes up to.

Fixed? My CPU core voltage is at 1.249 / 1.25 all the time. I heard that is the way to do it while stress testing and then switching to adaptive later... or did I miss something? :/

My PC:

Intel Core i5-4670K | ASUS Z87-Pro | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | MSI GTX760 TF OC Gaming 2GB | Corsair c70 | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB (SSD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB (HDD) | Corsair RM750 | Cooler Master 212 Evo | CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Red) | Corsair M65 | audio-technica ATH-M50 | Dell UltraSharp U2414H | Logitech C920 | Windows 10 Pro

Yeah, I tried lower, but my chip seems too be bad for overclocking :/ I'll try a bit lower :)

Fixed? My CPU core voltage is at 1.249 / 1.25 all the time. I heard that is the way to do it while stress testing and then switching to adaptive later... or did I miss something? :/

1.25 even at 3.4? 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

1.25 even at 3.4? 

No, only at 4.4GHz. At stock speed (3.4GHz) I have it set to Auto I think...

My PC:

Aaand my PC just froze and shutdown while watching a YouTube video... increase or decrease CPU core voltage?

EDIT: Btw I use the thermal paste that came with the Cooler Master 212 Evo. It was the first time I applied thermal paste, so maybe it wasn't done too well. I also have some Cool Laboratory Liquid Ultra (Liquid Metal)... should I try to apply that and see if it improves the temperatures?

My PC:

Oslosurfer, on 26 Apr 2014 - 5:39 PM, said:

Aaand my PC just froze and shutdown while watching a YouTube video... increase or decrease CPU core voltage?

EDIT: Btw I use the thermal paste that came with the Cooler Master 212 Evo. It was the first time I applied thermal paste, so maybe it wasn't done too well. I also have some Cool Laboratory Liquid Ultra (Liquid Metal)... should I try to apply that and see if it improves the temperatures?

I would be extra careful with that thermal paste as it is not suitable with aluminium heatsink. I know some part of the 212 EVO contact base is aluminium.

Do you know how to OC using the offset voltage instead?

I would be extra careful with that thermal paste as it is not suitable with aluminium heatsink. I know some part of the 212 EVO contact base is aluminium.

Do you know how to OC using the offset voltage instead?

No, I have no experience OCing with Offset Voltage... Would it be better than setting it to Manual (fixed) for stress testing and then switching to Adaptive when it is stable?

I might buy another thermal paste then... would you recommend any? I heard ICDiamonds and Artic Silver have some good ones.

My PC:

Oslosurfer, on 26 Apr 2014 - 8:08 PM, said:

No, I have no experience OCing with Offset Voltage... Would it be better than setting it to Manual (fixed) for stress testing and then switching to Adaptive when it is stable?

I might buy another thermal paste then... would you recommend any? I heard ICDiamonds and Artic Silver have some good ones.

I prefer offset voltage for anything up to 4.5ghz(depending on what motherboard) as I don't want to pump constant voltage that might degrade the cpu faster and also creates unnecessary heat and power wastage when I'm not always using it at 100% load. My 2500k is currently running at 4.5ghz @ 1.27v @ 61c max core temp. Work your way up little by little until you feel that the temp or voltage is too high. If you can't get 4.4ghz @ 1.25v stable,then you're gonna have to downclock it a little bit, or maybe get a better cooler/cooling configuration

I have no experience with a haswell cpu/motherboard. Maybe others can help.

I prefer offset voltage for anything up to 4.5ghz(depending on what motherboard) as I don't want to pump constant voltage that might degrade the cpu faster and also creates unnecessary heat and power wastage when I'm not always using it at 100% load. My 2500k is currently running at 4.5ghz @ 1.27v @ 61c max core temp. Work your way up little by little until you feel that the temp or voltage is too high. If you can't get 4.4ghz @ 1.25v stable,then you're gonna have to downclock it a little bit, or maybe get a better cooler/cooling configuration

I have no experience with a haswell cpu/motherboard. Maybe others can help.

OK, thank you for the help :)

I'll try to decrease the voltage and hopefully get better temps and stability. I'll look into Offset Voltages and see what I can do. Nice OC btw ;)

My PC:

Oslosurfer, on 26 Apr 2014 - 8:36 PM, said:

OK, thank you for the help :)

I'll try to decrease the voltage and hopefully get better temps and stability. I'll look into Offset Voltages and see what I can do. Nice OC btw ;)

Owh,the MX4 or NT-H1 thermal paste are also really good. I prefer the NT-H1 more because it is easier to apply and spreads nicer under a direct contact cooler heatpipes.

Owh,the MX4 or NT-H1 thermal paste are also really good. I prefer the NT-H1 more because it is easier to apply and spreads nicer under a direct contact cooler heatpipes.

Great! :) I'll have a look.

OK, so I ran Intel Burn Test (10 times on Maximum) and it hit 100°C after some seconds (Core Voltage 1.25V) so I changed the Core Voltage to 1.24V - still hit 100°C. But I passed 10 times on Maximum with the Core Voltage on 1.23V and Cache Voltage (Manual/ Fixed) on 1.23V. The RAM was on 1600MHz and the CPU on 4.4GHz.

I passed it, but the temperature was at 96°C (on its hottest). I heard that IBT has a higher impact on the CPU than Prime95, so would you consider the OC stable? I experienced no throttling, CPU core speed stayed at 4400MHz/ 4.4GHz all the time.

Here is a picture:

I8FuGeJ.png

PS: Are those results in IBT any good? :huh:

My PC:

Oslosurfer, on 27 Apr 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

PS: Are those results in IBT any good?  :huh:

The IBT result is good but I personally prefer my max temp to be anything below 80. Can't you get the voltage any lower? You know less voltage means less heat.  

Keep this in mind, with c6 states on, I can only overclock to 4.6 under 1.28v but with it off, I can run prime95 avx for 8 hours at 4.8. also, use .5 offset with .120 turbo voltage so ur cpu isnt overvolted all the time. with a h100i, my 3570k doesnt pass 68c EVER! I didnt touch pll or anything, just cstates and llc set to level 2.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/complete-overclocking-guide-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-asrock-edition This guide, with a little reading should help you tremendously. haswell shouldnt be too different. 

The Bulldozer Analogy - 8 guys work for a company called the mario kingdom. The company is tight on cash and trying to save money. So each guy is required to share an office and computer with the next guy to the left. Guy B cant finish is thesis on acid rains effect on the koopas until Guy A finishes watching game of thrones. The outcome is the Koopas turn into white walkers and attack mario the kingdom and everything is lost.

The IBT result is good but I personally prefer my max temp to be anything below 80. Can't you get the voltage any lower? You know less voltage means less heat.  

Yes, I'm trying to gradually lower the voltage by 0.05 and run Intel Burn Test 5 passes (on High)

Keep this in mind, with c6 states on, I can only overclock to 4.6 under 1.28v but with it off, I can run prime95 avx for 8 hours at 4.8. also, use .5 offset with .120 turbo voltage so ur cpu isnt overvolted all the time. with a h100i, my 3570k doesnt pass 68c EVER! I didnt touch pll or anything, just cstates and llc set to level 2.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/complete-overclocking-guide-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-asrock-edition This guide, with a little reading should help you tremendously. haswell shouldnt be too different. 

I think C states might be on  :wacko: I just set the BIOS to default and changed the core speed, voltage, cache and cache voltage and the ram frequency... I'll also try your settings and look at the guide ;)

My PC:

Yes, I'm trying to gradually lower the voltage by 0.05 and run Intel Burn Test 5 passes (on High)

I think C states might be on  :wacko: I just set the BIOS to default and changed the core speed, voltage, cache and cache voltage and the ram frequency... I'll also try your settings and look at the guide ;)

If you just use offset and crank that up, when the cpu is running any frequency it will be overvolted by however much you set. So i set it to .5 higher then stock and cranked up the turbo voltage so it only overvolts when the turbo frequency is running. its brilliant lol. Maybe my chip is golden but I've never been that lucky. I've never even hit the overclocking wall, I'm sure I can get past 5ghz but that number's scary  :wacko:. With that said, dont just use my voltage settings because every CPU is different and we have different coolers. try to set a voltage that encourages temps around 70-80 tops. 100c max is for stock voltage. In my experience though, turning off cstates helped me more then anything else.

The Bulldozer Analogy - 8 guys work for a company called the mario kingdom. The company is tight on cash and trying to save money. So each guy is required to share an office and computer with the next guy to the left. Guy B cant finish is thesis on acid rains effect on the koopas until Guy A finishes watching game of thrones. The outcome is the Koopas turn into white walkers and attack mario the kingdom and everything is lost.

Hi all,

I decided to overclock my i5-4670K... I ran some stress tests and got various results, so I'm not sure whether it is safe to call it stable or not.

Here is how I overclocked:

CPU core clock: 4.4GHz

CPU core voltage: 1.25V (manual mode for stress testing)

CPU cache: 4.2GHz

CPU cache voltage: 1.24V

RAM frequency: 1333MHz/ 1600MHz

RAM voltage: Auto/ 1.5V

I stress tested 2 hours of OCCT (with the 1333MHz and voltage set to Auto for the RAM) and passed (max. temperature was 86°C). I then ran Cinebench on all cores 5 times and passed with around 648cb each time (max temperature was 76°C), and finally I did 8 hours of Intel XTU CPU test, which I also passed (max temperature was 84°C).

I then decided to change the RAM frequency to 1600MHz and the voltage to 1.5MHz. It passed 1h 15mins of Intel XTU Memory test (max temperature was 84°C). However it failed the Prime95 Blend test after roughly 1h 20mins. it got up to 99 degrees and I got a BSOD with a 124 code (not sure what that means). So I ran Aida64 (Stress CPU, Stress FPU, Stress Cache and Stress System Memory) for 9h 30mins and it passed with a max temperature of 84°C.

I have heard that Haswell and Prime95 don't mix well and my CPU passed all other tests, so do you think it's stable or should I run some more OCCT and Intel XTU Memory Burn test? The overclock did pass all tests (Aida64, Intel XTU, OCCT and CINEBENCH) except for the Prime95 Blend test...

PS: The rest of my hardware is in my signature  ;) 

PS nr 2: I ran IBT on Maximum (10 times) with the Core Voltage at 1.23V and Cache Voltage at 1.22V. It passed with 96°C on its hottest core... stable?!?

If you are still having odd crashes I would try lowering the cache to 3900. See if it is good to go. 

Prime temps go bonkers on Haswell after first round, but the first round of tests can still be a great quick test and a good memory overclocking test. Haswell is best tested on Aida 64 and even Aida tests aren't real world max temps, Aida is higher. 

Cache is best tested with just cache checked in Aida. It can fail hours in on all tests and cache can be a pain to dial in so get clock dialed in first. Some Haswell's don't like a cache OC at all. Some people have to go 3500. Core clock means a lot more :).

For real world temps run a cinebench R15, add your multi core/single score to the thread here (if you want) and look at the highs on it. That is a real world max. Or you could use Asus Real Bench and select H.264 as a test for a real world max test. Both programs are free.

What are you looking for? LOW 70's C. Anything in the 60's is gravy.  1.25 on a I5 is doable on a evo 212 depending if your batch runs a little cooler or hotter. You also might end up with a 4.3 summer overclock and a 4.4 winter oc. I7 you would want a dual tower at 1.25v at least. If you are at like 74c? A pull fan might get ya to more comfortable temps for 24/7. Don't expect miracles though. Pull fan may drop 1-3 degrees depending on your case. It may make gaming a whole lot quieter though. :)

Anyways if 4.3 gives you more acceptable temps? Roll with it. 4.3 single core on Haswell is still really damn fast for gaming and people have needed dual rad water and still failed to reach it on Haswell. You didn't get a golden chip, but you didn't lose the silicon lottery either. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

If you are still having odd crashes I would try lowering the cache to 3900. See if it is good to go. 

Prime temps go bonkers on Haswell after first round, but the first round of tests can still be a great quick test and a good memory overclocking test. Haswell is best tested on Aida 64 and even Aida tests aren't real world max temps, Aida is higher. 

Cache is best tested with just cache checked in Aida. It can fail hours in on all tests and cache can be a pain to dial in so get clock dialed in first. Some Haswell's don't like a cache OC at all. Some people have to go 3500. Core clock means a lot more :).

For real world temps run a cinebench R15, add your multi core/single score to the thread here (if you want) and look at the highs on it. That is a real world max. Or you could use Asus Real Bench and select H.264 as a test for a real world max test. Both programs are free.

What are you looking for? LOW 70's C. Anything in the 60's is gravy.  1.25 on a I5 is doable on a evo 212 depending if your batch runs a little cooler or hotter. You also might end up with a 4.3 summer overclock and a 4.4 winter oc. I7 you would want a dual tower at 1.25v at least. If you are at like 74c? A pull fan might get ya to more comfortable temps for 24/7. Don't expect miracles though. Pull fan may drop 1-3 degrees depending on your case. It may make gaming a whole lot quieter though. :)

Anyways if 4.3 gives you more acceptable temps? Roll with it. 4.3 single core on Haswell is still really damn fast for gaming and people have needed dual rad water and still failed to reach it on Haswell. You didn't get a golden chip, but you didn't lose the silicon lottery either. 

Not getting crashes atm (4.4GHz Core with 1.23V and 4.2 Cache with 1.22V), but my temps get really high when using Intel Burn Test and Prime95 (around 95 degrees), so I will try lower voltages for lower temps and maybe also the Core Clock...

If you just use offset and crank that up, when the cpu is running any frequency it will be overvolted by however much you set. So i set it to .5 higher then stock and cranked up the turbo voltage so it only overvolts when the turbo frequency is running. its brilliant lol. Maybe my chip is golden but I've never been that lucky. I've never even hit the overclocking wall, I'm sure I can get past 5ghz but that number's scary  :wacko:

Awesome! So Offset mode on Core Voltage set on 0.5? Also I can't find Turbo Frequency in my BIOS (ASUS z87 motherboard), is it the same as the Cache voltage? Kind of confused on what your settings are xD

My PC:

What are you looking for? LOW 70's C. Anything in the 60's is gravy.  1.25 on a I5 is doable on a evo 212 depending if your batch runs a little cooler or hotter. 

Under 80 degrees Intel Burn Test/ Prime95 would be great... might have to decrease voltage and speed, what do you think is realistic to stay around or lower than 80 degrees?

My PC:

Not getting crashes atm (4.4GHz Core with 1.23V and 4.2 Cache with 1.22V), but my temps get really high when using Intel Burn Test and Prime95 (around 95 degrees), so I will try lower voltages for lower temps and maybe also the Core Clock...

Awesome! So Offset mode on Core Voltage set on 0.5? Also I can't find Turbo Frequency in my BIOS (ASUS z87 motherboard), is it the same as the Cache voltage? Kind of confused on what your settings are xD

Sorry I tend to convolut things lol.  Your motherboard may call turbo core voltage something else. This is how my motherboards bios looks, its called additional turbo boost voltage on mine. This image isnt from my motherboard i sourced it from the web. Im using my sisters 990fx atm. changing this will make it so only when running overclocked frequencies, your chip will be fed more voltage. when when doing this, if you leave offset on auto, your chip would be over volted higher and will run hotter as a result. so be sure to set the offset. you could also get creative and set a negative offset so your chip would be undervolted most of the time with more volts only being pushed when needed. I really only recommend that if you have an easy way to reset the bios if anything would go wrong, such as a button on the back of the motherboard.  

offset - +0.005v

additional turbo voltage - .120v (changes per computer) find out what your stock voltages are and take that into account when setting this up. say if yourchip runs 1.100v stock, this will make it run 1.220v.

asrock-bios1.jpg

C states I disabled are c6 and c3

900x900px-LL-5b27d2f0_ocCPUconfig.jpeg

Under 80 degrees Intel Burn Test/ Prime95 would be great... might have to decrease voltage and speed, what do you think is realistic to stay around or lower than 80 degrees?

Depends on the batch. My chip will hit close to 80 at 1.22 (I7 runs a little hotter rendering) in Aida, but in a real world scenario I have never passed 70-71C and those temps are only seen rendering. Cinebench and Asus Real Bench H.264 will give you a pretty close real world max on their spikes.

Laptop chips run in the mid 80's gaming/rendering in real world use but they don't last all that long as gaming machines. Stick around 70C in real loads. Aida? Not gonna happen.  A long test session is fine. You just don't want to run in those temps for years. :)

90C? I don't want that ever :). Non Aida tests will hit 90's on Haswell which is why we usually only run primeblend for a few minutes in first round.

Basically don't run anything but Aida on non dual rad water on Haswell for testing, except short prime blends for memory overclock testing (before a long mem test). 

With dual rad water? You can use some of other tests if you aren't pushing it. On a Evo like we have? Stick with Aida. :)

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Depends on the batch. My chip will hit close to 80 at 1.22 (I7 runs a little hotter rendering) in Aida, but in a real world scenario I have never passed 70-71C and those temps are only seen rendering. Cinebench and Asus Real Bench H.264 will give you a pretty close real world max on their spikes.

Laptop chips run in the mid 80's gaming/rendering in real world use but they don't last all that long as gaming machines. Stick around 70C in real loads. Aida? Not gonna happen.  A long test session is fine. You just don't want to run in those temps for years. :)

90C? I don't want that ever :). Non Aida tests will hit 90's on Haswell which is why we usually only run primeblend for a few minutes in first round.

Basically don't run anything but Aida on non dual rad water on Haswell for testing, except short prime blends for memory overclock testing (before a long mem test). 

With dual rad water? You can use some of other tests if you aren't pushing it. On a Evo like we have? Stick with Aida. :)

Sorry I tend to convolut things lol.  Your motherboard may call turbo core voltage something else. This is how my motherboards bios looks, its called additional turbo boost voltage on mine. This image isnt from my motherboard i sourced it from the web. Im using my sisters 990fx atm. changing this will make it so only when running overclocked frequencies, your chip will be fed more voltage. when when doing this, if you leave offset on auto, your chip would be over volted higher and will run hotter as a result. so be sure to set the offset. you could also get creative and set a negative offset so your chip would be undervolted most of the time with more volts only being pushed when needed. I really only recommend that if you have an easy way to reset the bios if anything would go wrong, such as a button on the back of the motherboard.

Seems like I have a very hot CPU then (don't want to delidding as I plan on selling it on the future). I just did two stress tests using Intel Burn Test (on Very High). Both times 10 passes and 4.4GHz. The first time I tried Core Voltage at 1.19V - BSOD 124. So I ran IBT again with 1.195V and it passed all 10 times... still hit 93 degrees though  :unsure: Should I increase it from 1.195V to 1.2V just in case? I guess I'll have to live with not being able to run IBT and Prime95 under 90 degrees or decrease my CPU to 4.3GHz and its voltage.

Also: In the test my hottest core was 93 degrees while my coldest was 83 degrees on their max temperature?!? Maybe I didn't apply the thermal paste correctly or it's just a very weird CPU I have -.-

And SuperKoopaTrooper: I think it's called just called core voltage on mine... I'll try some settings (and hopefully not blow anything up) xD

My PC:

Seems like I have a very hot CPU then (don't want to delidding as I plan on selling it on the future). I just did two stress tests using Intel Burn Test (on Very High). Both times 10 passes and 4.4GHz. The first time I tried Core Voltage at 1.19V - BSOD 124. So I ran IBT again with 1.195V and it passed all 10 times... still hit 93 degrees though  :unsure: Should I increase it from 1.195V to 1.2V just in case? I guess I'll have to live with not being able to run IBT and Prime95 under 90 degrees or decrease my CPU to 4.3GHz and its voltage.

Also: In the test my hottest core was 93 degrees while my coldest was 83 degrees on their max temperature?!? Maybe I didn't apply the thermal paste correctly or it's just a very weird CPU I have -.-

And SuperKoopaTrooper: I think it's called just called core voltage on mine... I'll try some settings (and hopefully not blow anything up) xD

I think i understand your problem. What does cpu-z say your voltage is under windows. If you set up your voltage stationary at 1.24v and then add a cache voltage/turbo voltage, it adds on top of it so you may be really overvolting your cpu. artificially creating excessive heat. does it run hot like this on stock? The guide i liked above said it best. find out what it takes for your chip to run stable on offset with your preferred frequency. then lower the offset in the bios and compensate it with the turbo voltage. Its frustrating now but when everything is said and done your gonna say "Wow that was a lot of fun".

"Additional Turbo Voltage: Auto

~This setting will be changed later.

~This is just like the Offset but works ONLY when the CPU is not in idle state.

~The Offset works ALL the time, even at idle. This setting will allow you to keep a low Offset, and low idle voltage, while still getting the Vcore boost needed for full speed."

Intel burn test is just really, really hot. 

Run Aida or Asus Real Bench suite for awhile and play some games. 

Aida/Asus Real Bench is about the only thing you can test for long periods of time on a evo 212 on a Haswell OC at that voltage.

Different temps on core is prob due to TIM under the lid. Haswell just uses really junky paste under there. You did fine on paste. If you didn't you would be past 100C and throttling on Intel burn test.

The people who still stick with Prime Blend and IBT have dual rad water cooling and even then they don't use those tests anymore when pushing past or near 1.3v on a Haswell. Aida should pretty much come with the chip in the box on K models lol :)