is it worth getting a new modem?

johnny668687

My internet plan is 1000 mbps but my modem is only 350 mbps do i get a better faster modem that can handle 1000 mbps? what will happen when getting a new faster modem? will i get a 1-2 ping decrees when gaming?

Depends on the modems specifics as its not unheard of for the ping to go up or down.
Ping might also stay the same and you just get the added throughput.

i have a motarola mb7220 cable modem right now do i upgrade?

As people have told you in your previous 27 threads, your current ping is fine, and nothing will make a meaningful difference besides being physically located closer to the server you're so worried about. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 minutes ago, Middcore said:

As people have told you in your previous 27 threads, your current ping is fine, and nothing will make a meaningful difference besides being physically located closer to the server you're so worried about. 

Different guy, this isn't ping guy. This is monitor refresh rate registry guy.

7 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Different guy, this isn't ping guy. This is monitor refresh rate registry guy.

Look at his post history. Those two guys are the same guy. 

well.jpg

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

51 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Look at his post history. Those two guys are the same guy. 

well.jpg

Guess I didn't look far enough back. Children, am I right...