Whole house network hdmi

David_ballard

This I a very weird and unique problem I think. I’m my house I have build a network and added a server to it I also have whole house Ethernet. I have an idea but I don’t know if it’s posible so at the minute I have 4 TVs throughout my house and I only have two Xbox’s an Apple TV and a Plex media server so my plan is to put and of these in a rack and run optical hdmi to each tv but my issue is i need and hdmi switch but I cannot seem to find one that lets me do four in four out at HDMI 2.1. So any help or is this idea just stupid.

Hdmi 2.1 switches are very rare still and no switch like you want currently exists. There was one I found but it's just generic hdmi 2.0 renamed as 2.1 because the hdmi forum could not decide to make naming clear.

21 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Hdmi 2.1 switches are very rare still and no switch like you want currently exists. There was one I found but it's just generic hdmi 2.0 renamed as 2.1 because the hdmi forum could not decide to make naming clear.

Yeah thanks. Do you think this idea is a good one or just stupid I thought of it because it means I could play Xbox on any room without have to move it and so on. But I have gotten myself into i web it appears 

I also saw you can buy hdmi to Ethernet then back to hdmi could this somehow be used?