Bought a New 4 Sticks of RAM, only 2 are working

kemeral
Go to solution Solved by kemeral,

Update: I contacted G.Skill and they asked me to Fill RMA form & send them the whole 4 Sticks.
They fixed the fault 2 (same ones) and returned them all 4 working 🙂

Dear team: I bought Trident Z neo. It came in 4 sticks. 2 of them works without doing anything. The other 2 are not working (Gives my Amber light on DRAM on Asus Q-LED.

1- I tried to clean them (Although that they are new), didn't work

2- I tried one of the "working sticks" on every RAM slot, it works perfectly

3- I tried each one of the "Not working sticks" on every RAM slot, it won't boot

What else Shall I do ?

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900k

Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING (BIOS Updated to the latest Version 2004 2021/11/29 )

RAM (New):  Trident Z Neo
DDR4-3200 CL16-18-18-38 1.35V
128GB (4x32GB)
F4-3200C16Q-128GTZN

Sounds like you've tried everything you could possibly do to verify you have a faulty set of ram. Only thing left to do is get a refund where you bought it, or contact the manufacturer for an RMA.

4 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

Sounds like you've tried everything you could possibly do to verify you have a faulty set of ram. Only thing left to do is get a refund where you bought it, or contact the manufacturer for an RMA.

I'll Contact Amazon Back, than. Thanks

Sorry wait i totally forgot something. 
double check that the two "faulty" ram sticks are ACTUALLY RAM STICKS. You can get ram modules that simply act as RGB sticks to make the insides of your computer look nice. Compare the weights and look for any stickers on the faulty sticks that may state "this is not a RAM module".

an example of such a product is found here:
https://www.amazon.ca/CORSAIR-Vengeance-Enhancement-Memory-Included/dp/B07L2QSY96?th=1

10 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

double check that the two "faulty" ram sticks are ACTUALLY RAM STICKS. You can get ram modules that simply act as RGB sticks to make the insides of your computer look nice. Compare the weights and look for any stickers on the faulty sticks that may state "this is not a RAM module".

https://www.amazon.ca/CORSAIR-Vengeance-Enhancement-Memory-Included/dp/B07L2QSY96?th=1

They are all weight the same and look the same.
Here's the link of Amazon as well:
G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 128GB (4 x 32GB) 288-Pin SDRAM (PC4-25600) DDR4 3200 CL16-18-18-38 1.35V Quad Channel Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16Q-128GTZR : Electronics (amazon.com)

5 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

I didn't know such a thing existed! WTF!

Its honestly really dumb but it certainly exists hahah

2 minutes ago, kemeral said:

Ya from that link that's for sure 4 REAL dram sticks , where you have received 2 faulty ones. Best to contact amazon for an exchange  (you will have to send all 4 back and get a brand new package)

22 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

Ya from that link that's for sure 4 REAL dram sticks , where you have received 2 faulty ones. Best to contact amazon for an exchange  (you will have to send all 4 back and get a brand new package)

I'll try them on another pc as well tomorrow

54 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

That's true, but as far as I know only Corsair and Gigabyte made those. G.Skill TridentZ series are all full fledged RAM sticks.

On topic, actually I also use 4 sticks of G.Skill TridentZ and all the RGB should be lighting up at least. The only problem I ever faced is that 2 out of 4 sticks would not light up, but I still would have 4 working sticks of RAM.

Since it's Amazon, returning and replacing them should be easy. No need to contact G.Skill directly. I believe G.Skill also comes with a lifetime warranty if they're new and bought at a reputable store.

On 6/19/2022 at 5:11 PM, Mayday793 said:

What the What?! I mean, I kind of get it, make the dimms full, but just wow

Update: Amazon refused to refund me since I bought the RAM while I was on a trip to USA. Now I'm back to Egypt and they don't do International returns. Unless I have a US address so that they can send the return parcel to.

• 1 month later...

Update: I contacted G.Skill and they asked me to Fill RMA form & send them the whole 4 Sticks.
They fixed the fault 2 (same ones) and returned them all 4 working 🙂