Disable RGB on Rival 3 without software?

marbled
Go to solution Solved by 8-Bit Ninja,

Typically there is an option in the software to save settings to the mouse. But this would require you to install the software on a PC 

Hi folks, 

I'm looking at the Steelseries Rival 3 for use on a future gaming PC, but for now it'll be to use on my work laptop for working from home. I can't install the Steelseries software on the work laptop. I find the default rainbow effect RGB very annoying.

I have the Apex 3 tkl keyboard, and on that I can just turn off backlighting to get rid of the rainbow effect that the keyboard defaults to when I plug in my laptop.

Just wondering, is it possible to disable the RGB lighting on the rival 3 mouse so I'm not stuck with a rainbow effect as soon as I plug it in? I could put the software on another laptop and disable the RGB but am not sure if that would still apply on my work laptop?

Thanks in advance

Typically there is an option in the software to save settings to the mouse. But this would require you to install the software on a PC 

14 hours ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Cool thanks, I had assumed that it would only apply to a particular laptop but looks like you're right and the setting will carry across, appreciate the reply.