ISP Rant - Comcast

Ahh where to begin...

My wife and I bought our first home almost a year and half ago and ever since we moved in we've had an ISP nightmare with Comcast.  Our uploads speeds where so bad it would disconnect us for hrs at a time and no one knew what was the issue.  When I say no one, it is because I was (and am) in contact with Technical Operations Supervisor of Comcast in my area.  I have his email, office and cel number.   I even text the guy when I am having issues.  Two times they have 'found' an issue and 'fixed' my problem for it only to re surface a few months later.  First, it was an issue in the plant and a piece of equipment they had to replace, that took about 2 months to find.  

A few months later my internet takes a vacation and I call again, only for the Technical Operations Supervisor not to return my emails/calls and me having to contact the ppl that put me in contact with him the first time.  Then it was a person that was not subscribed to comcast still connected to the network and getting noise in the signal.  This one took about 3 months to find because of the randomness.  Also they were horrible because every time it would happen it would start with my uploads going to hell and then loosing connection.  

For 3 months the internet was wonderful...and then... one night after a snow storm, it happened.  My upload was really weak and slow and I was getting killed and lost several penta kills due to high latency.  At least I did not lost sync.  And that is where I am now, again, had to contact the Technical Operations Supervisor because 1800Comcrap said everything in my area was fine.  The issue now is similar, my upload will suffer but at least I would stay online, and now that netflix payed comcrap at least I can get off the pc and jump in the couch and watch DS9 and wait for my uploads to get decent again so I can get online and game.  Until now, the issue has not being fixed.  I contact the the Technical Operations Supervisor every time it happens since it doesn't have a pattern.  They have rewired my house twice, used my modem and one of theirs.  This is really starting to piss me off.

My other only option as far as ISPs goes is ATT Uverse.  I am starting to think that doing the jump might not be so bad IF they can get me a decent and stable upstream, even if I will suffer a little bit on the downstream.  But how it is now that we have to stop our gaming or video calling until the connection normalizes is not good service, the quality is horrible.

BLARG!

I am still upset, but I had to let it out.

I'm well aware comcast isn't to be trusted, I also use them but are you sure it is them and not something weird going on with your system that you are gaming on?

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I get 50 mb/s down and 10 up, but my connection drops every ~2 hours for a few minutes. Comcast is pretty bad

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I've had comcast for literally 15+ years and never had an issue serious enough to make a big deal out of :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'm well aware comcast isn't to be trusted, I also use them but are you sure it is them and not something weird going on with your system that you are gaming on?

That was my initial thought.  But the guy already told me he has seen the issue I am having, he just can't get his team to find it.  I thought it was my modem (since it easy to bypass my router, I have 2 pcs right next to it), but they kept saying it wasn't BUT they let me use one of the ones they rent and the issue still happened.  I use 2 computer to game, all my schedule for maintenance never happens when I am using them.  To make the story short, unless my wifes laptop, my 2 pcs, our phones and my PS3/360 decided to sync up and play a bad joke on us at the same time then yea, it might be my equipment.  Sadly it is not, cuz if it was I had control over it and I wouldn't let it last this long.

At least with our phones we can turn wifi off and have connection and teeter but that gets old, we should not need to do that. 

I've had comcast for literally 15+ years and never had an issue serious enough to make a big deal out of :/

I always had comcast before we bought our home.  I've lived in 2 different apartment complexes in the same area and in different units within them and we rented a house for a year and I never had an issue... until now.