[AMD] Guess what's coming soon [UPDATE]

pixeldensity

HSA support for Photoshop and some other production software from Adobe. That's it! And it's actually pretty cool! 

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Pretty much amd is focusing more on APU, with no FX lineup.

I do hope this move pays off.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I think this is pretty obvious. It's going to be a new APU. AMD please stop making APU's they are a crap idea.

That's what Intel makes. We love them to. Maybe AMD just needs to make their APU's better?

Don't think it has anything to do with new hardware, rather some OpenCL acceleration for Adobe Premiere.

Laptop APUs that give me decent gaming under 2 million dollars

$1,999,999.99 price point sound good to you then?

LPCHPC?(Low power consumption high performance CPU)

From AMD?

Hahahaha

Swap the L and the H, maybe :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That's what Intel makes. We love them to. Maybe AMD just needs to make their APU's better?

Yea but the only way to make AMD's APU better is to make the CPu part of them actually good. The graphics part is fine as it is just make the CPU part as good as a 4770k and we will be back into competition. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

At best they will announce something ARM related for desktop maybe new cpu? or so i tought i guess something small thats gonna get everyone hyped for no reason.They dont have smaller process fabrication even for gpus,didnt they recently said they wont have 20nm any soon and same goes for nvidia.New desktop non apu cpu's are just a lost hope at this point.

At best best case scenario,they pulled some money from a magic purse and they made a contract with TSMC for 16nm CPU's which could make intel tremble in their panties.

I bet its just another silly APU by the look of the picture it looks nothing like dedicated cpu only for desktop.

Maybe the rumor that AMD is ditching the "FX" line of CPU's entirely is true. Maybe they are focusing all their resources on their APU line up. If they can create a competitive and efficient CPU to go along with the IGP then why wouldn't they offer them as regular CPU's without graphics at a discount and they be competitive with an i5?

i3/i5 CPU performance with R7 260/260X integrated graphics for $250?

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Yea but the only way to make AMD's APU better is to make the CPu part of them actually good. The graphics part is fine as it is just make the CPU part as good as a 4770k and we will be back into competition.

A friend of mine used to have a laptop that was apu based. He couldn't get over 30 frames in bf3 or bf4. (He had a 7970m in there too) the problem is that these apus just don't have the Cpu power necessary.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Seeing as MSI where talking about an amd am3+ matx gaming board I'm hoping for a cpu, though I wouldn't mind a fm2+ cpu

I hope it's an APU, planning a LAN build soon for the summer, going be traveling alot. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

A friend of mine used to have a laptop that was apu based. He couldn't get over 30 frames in bf3 or bf4. (He had a 7970m in there too) the problem is that these apus just don't have the Cpu power necessary.

That is what I keep saying but everyone is like no APU's are the future and all that crap.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I know what it is!

R9 300x3

It is cooled by interdimensional portals that relocate the heat into other alternate universes.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

That is what I keep saying but everyone is like no APU's are the future and all that crap.

Once we move to smaller process nodes it should be possible for AMD to create powerful APUs.

For now I agree APUs are bad at CPU tasks. It's difficult to recommend one even for a budget gamer because there are superior options available with dedicated budget CPUs + GPUs. Also I think AMD is hoping that the software will catch up and start taking advantage of HSA. It's a bet on the future; kind of like how they launched 64 bit CPUs when we had no 64bit software. That worked out well.

edit- although admittedly the Athlon64 was destroying the pentium4 even in 32 bit applications, so there was no trade-off

If it was a 8350 with tweeked single core performance with some Radeon cores and HSA I could see this as something worth getting excited for

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

They are the future, but they can't compromise the Cpu power like they have.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

"Introducing the first, out of the box 9Ghz 32 core desktop cpu with a TDP of only  500Watts!" :P

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

"Introducing the first, out of the box 9Ghz 32 core desktop cpu with a TDP of only  500Watts!" :P

just like you profile pic

MORE POWER!!!

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I really hope it is a new FX-series. They could use a refresh, seeing as to they are a few years old. 

//ccap

Well to be fair, we've come a long way from Trinity, so it's kinda unfair to judge APUs for what they used to be. That's like saying that that the Core-series are crap because Itanium happened.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Hopefully, some type of new FX performance processors, but it'll probably be some sort of new APU.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

Yea, I guess I could agree with that.

Well to be fair, we've come a long way from Trinity, so it's kinda unfair to judge APUs for what they used to be. That's like saying that that the Core-series are crap because Itanium happened.

No AMD's modern APU's have crappy CPU performance or has something changed in the last 5 minutes that I don't know about.

(\__/)

(='.'=)