I have trouble screwing in my pc fans 120mm

tamehah2

I have tried to different brands of fans and for both of them I have struggled to screw them in. So now my fans are in place but are loosely screwed in. 

You're probably using the wrong screws.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Pics of the fans, the screws and the case would probably help in determining your issue here.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Most of the fan screws I've encountered just cut their own threads into the holes in the fans. They take a worrying amount of effort compared to screws that meet machined threads in other parts, but that's normal.

Try tightening them 1/4 turn, then back off 1/8 of a turn, then forward another 1/4, then back another 1/8. That should help keep the burr from binding the fresh threads up. Just don't overtighten, or you'll ruin the threads you just cut in the plastic and you'll have to come up with an alternate solution, like longer machine screws and nuts from the hardware store that can reach all the way through the case and the fan.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

18 minutes ago, tamehah2 said:

I have tried to different brands of fans and for both of them I have struggled to screw them in. So now my fans are in place but are loosely screwed in. 

into a radiator (thin screws)

or into a case (thicc screws)

If its the case you need to use a lot of force and those screws actually dig into the plastic of the fans.

7 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Most of the fan screws I've encountered just cut their own threads into the holes in the fans. They take a worrying amount of effort compared to screws that meet machined threads in other parts, but that's normal.

Try tightening them 1/4 turn, then back off 1/8 of a turn, then forward another 1/4, then back another 1/8. That should help keep the burr from binding the fresh threads up. Just don't overtighten, or you'll ruin the threads you just cut in the plastic and you'll have to come up with an alternate solution, like longer machine screws and nuts from the hardware store that can reach all the way through the case and the fan.

+1 on this.  If the screws are screwing into the fans themselves, a lot of the fans don't have pre-cut threads and the screws literally cut threads into the plastic as they go, so the first time you install a particular fan, you've gotta use a little bit of force to get the screws tight.