Need advise : 3900X + 64GB (4x 16) => 5900X, X5950X or 2x32 ?

So I got build for work ( VR games, video rendering, modeling etc. ) and is was mostly flawless with Asus X570 and 4X (G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39). Yes I need 64GB from time to time when I make builds daily. I had issues with WHEA errors occasionally. Most stable BIOS I found is 3801. So is it 4X (16GB) memory that is causing instability ? What do you recommend go for 2 x 32 GB ( which kits would you recommend in this case?) or replace CPU with 5900X or 5950X ?

Why not play around, underclock your RAM first? If you can spend 0 money and make it stable I think that's worth a negligible performance loss.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

14 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

Why not play around, underclock your RAM first? If you can spend 0 money and make it stable I think that's worth a negligible performance loss.

general you want stable ram for what. og poster is doing. oc really wont help that at all.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

5 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

general you want stable ram for what. og poster is doing. oc really wont help that at all.

It's already OC'ed. Maybe his mobo/cpu combo can't handle those speeds and timings, slowing it down could help. Just because it's an XMP profile it doesn't mean it will work in every combination ever. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

24 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

I tried different BIOS versions, tune memory manually, reading tons of forums. My CPU was rated Bronze. Now mem runs 1-1 1800 XMP. It stable but occasionally there is USB or WHEA errors. This is why I think either getting new CPU or CPU + Mem swap could be good idea. I want to know which kits are recommended and field tested for 64GB scenarios.

Gskill kits have been VERY hit or miss on ryzen. Not gonna lie, you should enable XMP and try running 3400 mhz or 3200 mhz. It wont effect performance that much and you get the Stability. You can try a new CPU but it will end up being the ram most of the time.

Look into how much the extra cache in 5800X3D affects the tools and stuff you use with that system.  Could be those extra 64 MB would benefit you a lot, more than the extra couple of cores a 5900 would give you. 

On one hand I want to say wait a couple months to see what processors they announce for socket AM5, see if they're gonna have more processors with that extra cache BUT on the other hand for the first 3-6 months or so after release/launch it's gonna be lots of bios updates, maybe memory compatibility issues etc etc.. 

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Look into how much the extra cache in 5800X3D affects the tools and stuff you use with that system.  Could be those extra 64 MB would benefit you a lot, more than the extra couple of cores a 5900 would give you. 

On one hand I want to say wait a couple months to see what processors they announce for socket AM5, see if they're gonna have more processors with that extra cache BUT on the other hand for the first 3-6 months or so after release/launch it's gonna be lots of bios updates, maybe memory compatibility issues etc etc.. 

yeah but it overprices ATM and hard to get. So it would be better to get 2 x 32 kit ATM ? I've read multiple times that its better for X570 to have 2 vs 4 mem. Can you guys recommend field tested kits ?