Am i asking too much

Go to solution Solved by Neroon,
3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Are you getting a graphics card AND a 144Hz monitor for your birthday? 

It's hard to say without knowing how much stuff you're getting and what your parents' situation is like, but if you're getting two expensive things for your birthday and still isn't happy because you want one of them now, then I'd say yes you sound quite spoiled. 

Or are you getting money for your birthday and you're using other money you have saved before? I think that changes the situation a lot. 

Why would him being spoiled or not be relevant here. You don't know the situation, why he is getting an expensive gift etc.

My recommendation is for the OP is to just bring it up if getting that card is a done deal anyway, there is no reason for anyone to pay more for the same card later on. But yeah no using until your birthday!

The gpu rebate(savings) on b&h is gonna go away in the end of may but my birthday is still a month away should i request it now and save $40 or wait till my birthday but lose the $40?

5 minutes ago, ThatOneWhoRippedACpu said:

The gpu rebate(savings) on b&h is gonna go away in the end of may but my birthday is still a month away should i request it now and save $40 or wait till my birthday but lose the $40?

if you are going to get it for your birthday either way, it seems like a good idea to bring up the fact that it can be purchased for 40$ cheaper now, vs a month from now.

If you are simply asking to get the present a bit early because it's cheaper then I don't really see the problem. 

If you don't already know you are getting a GPU, and then just assume your parents will buy one for like 400 dollars or whatever then yes I think you're asking too much. 

Being pushy might get you nothing on your birthday as well. If you were thinking about getting one particular GPU on your birthday because it was just in your budget with $40 rebate, you might also start looking to ones that are actually in your budget.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Being pushy might get you nothing on your birthday as well. If you were thinking about getting one particular GPU on your birthday because it was just in your budget with $40 rebate, you might also start looking to ones that are actually in your budget.

It is actually in my budget but if i dont get the $40 rebate i wont be able to squeze in the 144hz monitor that barely fits my budget by a hair

15 minutes ago, ThatOneWhoRippedACpu said:

It is actually in my budget but if i dont get the $40 rebate i wont be able to squeze in the 144hz monitor that barely fits my budget by a hair

It's hard to say without knowing how much stuff you're getting and what your parents' situation is like, but if you're getting two expensive things for your birthday and still isn't happy because you want one of them now, then I'd say yes you sound quite spoiled. 

Or are you getting money for your birthday and you're using other money you have saved before? I think that changes the situation a lot. 

You could ask to buy it now, but not use it until your birthday. If someone's buying it for you, that seems reasonable.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

58 minutes ago, ThatOneWhoRippedACpu said:

Yeah I wouldnt be pushing for purchase of your "gifts" now then.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Well you see i wasnt even expecting a pc on my last birthday to begin with i forgot i was graduating and the pc is all purpose my parents said even gaming. They also wanted it to be atleast decent at everything but i looked at the prices july last year gpus were 200% msrp so before me being rushed and gonna do a bad decision i told them to cut corners for this pc for now and upgrade it later. This year is just the continuation of that building progress of last year for the pc, No longer i would be stuck with a gt 1030(ddr4💀) and a 720p monitor all is approved but i still check for better deals because like this gpu + monitor that fits in the budget if i would have rushed them a few months ago i probably would've been stuck with a gtx 1650 and still a 720p monitor (partly this is a thank you for saving my little sister 3 times from dying i guess)Also i didnt say im not happy its just losing a better deal i would have probably still been happy 

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Why would him being spoiled or not be relevant here. You don't know the situation, why he is getting an expensive gift etc.

My recommendation is for the OP is to just bring it up if getting that card is a done deal anyway, there is no reason for anyone to pay more for the same card later on. But yeah no using until your birthday!