Explain this pricing

PriitM

Not even gonna post XX50 prices... they are even more insane

Retailers biggest scalpers

image.png.e3febbd1bf9187ce1c6bb3997c59ed7e.png

now the prices are going down stuff like this will stop. Retailers taking Advantage of the shortages are no longer going to make bank off of Overpicing GPUs. Genuine Scalpers can learn to make money without being a Piece of Crap Person too, 

People need to stop misusing the term "scalper".

Just because something is expensive does not mean it is being scalped. Just because someone sells something for a lot of money does not mean that someone is a scalper.

A scalper is someone who buys a lot of something with the intention of driving up prices and then sell their stock at a greater cost than what they paid.

Retailers are not scalpers since they are part of the regular supply chain. It is not scalping to raise prices because of things like short supply, high demand or increased costs such as shipping or tariffs.

Want a real explanation for these prices? It's because shipping things is fucked right now. It is extremely slow and expensive, and this is multiplied several times over for things like GPUs because they require multiple stages of shipping.

Just scalpers hoping people did not realize they can get it cheaper at retail, and still pay their inflated price.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Explain this pricing

Simple. You're using a scam/scalper website. 

1782654889_Screenshot_20220526-054548_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.c6374da0490ed9433a068d847c4dcfed.jpg

Please don't forget to mark my answer as "solved".  ~

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

56 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

1782654889_Screenshot_20220526-054548_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.c6374da0490ed9433a068d847c4dcfed.jpg

Please don't forget to mark my answer as "solved".  ~

Wish I could mark as solved... listing I posted was from a legit retailer from my country...

8 minutes ago, PriitM said:

Wish I could mark as solved... listing I posted was from a legit retailer from my country...

ok but don't you have price comparison websites?  is it just that retailer or all retailers is the question. Also if you're in EU you may cut them out completely and buy from a cheaper country. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 5/26/2022 at 7:54 AM, Mark Kaine said:

ok but don't you have price comparison websites?  is it just that retailer or all retailers is the question. Also if you're in EU you may cut them out completely and buy from a cheaper country. 

I do and they all post similar prices for my country. Also, Scandinavia region for what ever reason has 1000+ prices still. 

On 5/26/2022 at 5:48 AM, Mark Kaine said:

Not that simple at all. They are a legit retailer website in the OP's country.

But during the peak of gpu shortages, the retailers also had to pay the absurd prices for the gpus. Now that the prices have come down, the retailers really don't want to lower the prices for the stock they already bought, because that would be straight up be losing money. So they hope thar someone will still buy these gpus.

But the newer gpu stock on that site seems to be much better priced, so the overpriced stock is only because they don't want to lose money, OR more likely they haven't updated the price yet, because they have hundreds of gpu skus.

But buying from germany or other bigger EU country and paying 10€ for shiping is a better idea, than waiting for the prices inside a small country to come down.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

34 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

But during the peak of gpu shortages, the retailers also had to pay the absurd prices for the gpus. Now that the prices have come down, the retailers really don't want to lower the prices for the stock they already bought, because that would be straight up be losing money. So they hope thar someone will still buy these gpus.

But the newer gpu stock on that site seems to be much better priced, so the overpriced stock is only because they don't want to lose money,

good points... but that is why i said to use a price comparison site, and  i also thought what op posted was from such a site, which why it seemed scummy.

But if its like you say it makes sense - still think OP isnt using a site that actually finds the best prices then (quite apparently)  and i was also suggesting to look at other countries as pricing seems to be much better and buying within EU shouldn't be a problem at all ( i also bought my gpu in the Netherlands,  or Belgium,  dont remember exactly!  😅)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 5/27/2022 at 5:03 PM, Origami Cactus said:

But the newer gpu stock on that site seems to be much better priced, so the overpriced stock is only because they don't want to lose money, OR more likely they haven't updated the price yet, because they have hundreds of gpu skus.

But buying from germany or other bigger EU country and paying 10€ for shiping is a better idea, than waiting for the prices inside a small country to come down.

Well, I would have no issue, if the local retailer stocks into their warehouse. But all of those listings are "to be ordered" aka they dont keep anything in stock. That means they are essentially just asking 10-20% commission to submit an order. On a €900 item... thats quite an incentive to keep prices high

And the price comparison site has pretty much same price +/- €5 for same item. I even looked up official retailers from AMD/Nvidia for regions... and Scandinavia is consistently +20% over EU price. Which is kinda scummy considering the transport costs are free/very cheap across EU. Even to Scandinavia... 

What's funny to me, are the people still selling their used GPUs on Ebay... And either demanding or bids reaches, as much as what they cost right now brand new in stores.

Like this 3060 ti:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/115335810392 (Approximately C $632.88)

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_559&item_id=195323 (on "sale" at $549.00, but original price was $624, still cheaper)

The used GPU market right now is ridiculous, it's not adapting to the price drops. Don't even bother looking at it.

Heck, even the brand new market isn't any better on ebay 

image.png.f9465fa2208257077d7cc3e4d8e728ea.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro