Unboxing and overview of the CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W and Asus R9 270X DCU II Top 2GB

dragoon20005

As the above title says

I will be doing an unboxing and overview of the 1300 Watts PSU from Cooler Master and the Asus R9 270X DCU II Top edition GPU

just for your info, I got these 2 babies from a contest that I have enter in the Asus Singapore FaceBook page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=755997631100914&set=a.123814264319257.12245.103663889667628&type=1&relevant_count=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=721623284538349&set=a.123814264319257.12245.103663889667628&type=1

1560654_755997631100914_2731790865011039

As show in the photo I took of the two babies :)

Well I wish I could use them right away but if you see the desktop in the photo, it the same desktop which I have posted in my profile page and it really old

So in the near future I might do a build log of a brand new desktop code name DRAGOON using the GPU and PSU and possibly Dual Asus R9 270X Top in X-Fire config since I have 1300 Watts!!

Stay tune for more photos when I open them up when I use my DSLR for better pictures :)

Cheers

Regards

Dragoon20005 

post-53643-0-96961900-1398217455_thumb.j

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

They seriously bundled up these two as a prize? lol.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

They seriously bundled up these two as a prize? lol.

yea

weird combo IMO but hey I won it so why should I complain lolz :D

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Time to quadfire those so you can use 50% of the psu for power efficiency  ;)

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Time to quadfire those so you can use 50% of the psu for power efficiency  ;)

there is one issue with the GPU

it only supports dual X-FIre as it only has one X-Fire finger

edit

yea even AMD spec sheet specify it only supports up to 2 GPU for the 270X

R9 270x with 1300 watt PSU?
LOL

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

Here is my overview of the gpu and the psu.

I expect nothing less from Asus and CoolerMaster since I have bought quite a few items for myself.

One thing if I would prefer Asus to have done is to make a backplate to make the card more rigid and look better than exposing the back with all the chips.

The psu really weights much heavier than the typical psu. Guess the components are really made for heavy duty supply of power.

The coating finish on the casing does look good but chances are you can't see the psu once installed.

Interesting to see that this model comes with a fan controller to adjust not only the psu fan for silent operation but you can control the chassis fan. The controller is connected to the psu and supply up to 7 volts of power. The rest of the cables are nothing fancy but good thing they are black and flat so cable management should be easy and its fully modular.

Powering multiple gpus is no problem since it provides 1260watts constant via the 12 volt rail.

That is all folks. Coming soon will be my build logs of the MSI DRAGOON pc with dual x-fire gpu config.

Thanks for reading.:)

congrats bro looking forward to your build

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

congrats bro looking forward to your build

Thx but just a headups, the build will be based on the A10-7850k with the MSI A88X Gaming.

Why you may coz Intel parts in my country is overpriced to the max. Same goes for NVIDIA gpus.

Thx but just a headups, the build will be based on the A10-7850k with the MSI A88X Gaming.

Why you may coz Intel parts in my country is overpriced to the max. Same goes for NVIDIA gpus.

Yeah, motherboard for Z87 in Asia is really overpriced its 120$ in the US but in Asia it's like 200$ or more..

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

I have a little bit concern... Will it even bottleneck the card like the R9 290? 

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

I have a little bit concern... Will it even bottleneck the card like the R9 290?

So far I have yet to see systems with this combo other than AMD's demo unit running the A10 with a R9 290x with Thief game on 5 monitors with no lag.

Looks like its time for me to bust the A10 bottleneck myth, Mythbuster style

:D

The expected performance from dual 270x is close to the 280x or higher if I factor in OC. Both card will be running at PCI-E 2.0 speeds after the split of the A10 PCI-E 3.0 lanes supported by the in build north bridge.

That's like pairing Killzone with an Xbox One.

But this build will kill the Xbox One and PS4 in the GPU department. Once the system is up and running for at least one month for the circuits to fully stretch itself. The OC fun will begin.

:)

So far I have yet to see systems with this combo other than AMD's demo unit running the A10 with a R9 290x with Thief game on 5 monitors with no lag.

Looks like its time for me to bust the A10 bottleneck myth, Mythbuster style

:D

The expected performance from dual 270x is close to the 280x or higher if I factor in OC. Both card will be running at PCI-E 2.0 speeds after the split of the A10 PCI-E 3.0 lanes supported by the in build north bridge.

Regarding the above - Thief supports MANTLE, that helps a lot on the processor to GPU pairing. 

Here's a link to my SPH 1300w Fan Controller Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It4io7D2oOY

Regarding the above - Thief supports MANTLE, that helps a lot on the processor to GPU pairing.

Here's a link to my SPH 1300w Fan Controller Demo

It could be MANTLE but the API and drivers was not ready in Jan when CES was happening. Unless they used the alpha version.

I happen to have the Thief game on my Steam account, so I will do the test myself to compare DX11 and MANTLE.

Thanks for the video

I will check it when I am on my laptop.

:)

You already build the rig with the A10 7850K?

"THE RED ARMY"

You already build the rig with the A10 7850K?

Still in the planning stage. Might take quite a while. But when the parts come together. I will make a build log along with the benchmarks and OC results.

Still in the planning stage. Might take quite a while. But when the parts come together. I will make a build log along with the benchmarks and OC results.

Id love to see that so i have no doubt for buying the A10 7850K :D

"THE RED ARMY"

• 2 weeks later...

Well a small update,

Bad new I will be selling the Asus GPU

Good news I will be getting a MSI R9 290x Lighting Edition GPU. And the money I get from the Asus card will offset the amount for the MSI card :D

Well a small update,

Bad new I will be selling the Asus GPU

Good news I will be getting a MSI R9 290x Lighting Edition GPU. And the money I get from the Asus card will offset the amount for the MSI card :D

That's not bad news lol!

That's not bad news lol!

Well the reason I am selling is because a 270x don't have the juice to drive a 1440p ips monitor. And my games hate multi card setups. So out with the 270x but now need to save up more for monitor and that monster 290x

:x