Had a power surge and something got fried

Okay so a couple nights ago i was on my computer and i had a power surge due to some bad weather we've been having and it fried something in my computer.

i had talked to my friend who helped me build my computer and he said either the CPU or motherboard is fried.

i don't think the motherboard is fried cause when i turn it on it still lights up and anything plugged in turns on as well. so at the very least it's not completely fried.

i don't have any displays but everything that's plugged in still turns on.

Is it just the CPU that's fried or is there something else that's the problem? If it's just the CPU can i just replace that with little difficulty.

also this is the motherboard i have and this is the CPU i have but i was hoping to be able to replace it with this CPU because there's a sale on there and i want to be able to take advantage of it while i can.
If there's any problems with that please let me know.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the only thing that doesn't turn on is my rgb keyboard meaning that it thinks it's not connected to anything.

It does still work. I currently have it plugged up to an old laptop I'm using in the meantime.

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT: Dismiss this reply  i was trying yo reply to the last commentor and couldnt figure out how to delete this post

Okay I tried replacing the graphics card like LWM723 said but I just got it in and nothing is showing up either.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what it could be?

I am planning to see a tech professional as well but if anyone has a suggestion  that can help I will try that first

On 5/22/2022 at 9:40 AM, LWM723 said:

If there's no display it's probably the GPU.

Okay I tried replacing the graphics card like LWM723 said but I just got it in and nothing is showing up either.

I am planning to see a tech professional as well but if anyone has a suggestion  that can help I will try that first

47 minutes ago, KingAtem said:

Have you done basic troubleshooting ?

5600g works with your motherboard yeah, but you will need to update BIOS.
Anyway, it's better to pinpoint the problem first.
Maybe your PCIE slot gone bonker.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:31 AM, Poinkachu said:

Have you done basic troubleshooting ?

5600g works with your motherboard yeah, but you will need to update BIOS.
Anyway, it's better to pinpoint the problem first.
Maybe your PCIE slot gone bonkers

I don't really know how to do any troubleshooting when it's just hardware.

I have no other way to get a visual besides through the graphics card.

My motherboard's hdmi slot never worked out of the box.