cpu overheating

Rishi_Adhikari

it's been 8 months since i bought my PC.
Specs are:-
R5 5600x (with stock cooler)
8x2 gigs of memory 3200mhz
RTX 3060
asus tuf b550 plus gaming motherboard
neutral airflow with four fans
cooler master MWE 650w bronze v2.
recently update bios and upgraded to windows 11.

The problem is when i get into bios, idle temps are 70c all the time
and when it boots to windows, the temps drop down.
But when i open chrome and browse something it reaches toh 70c and suddeenly drops down to 55C. 
EVEN low consuming application increases the temperature by 70C.
Thinking about changing the thermal paste on stock amd cooler.
Thank you GUYS!!!!!!!

With Ryzen chips, the only way you can really accurately measure cooling performance is putting it under full load then measuring how far it boosts. The way the boost algorithm works, it keeps a high idle voltage so it can boost up to really high temps clock speeds on a single core on a dime, causing those temp spikes. Under full load, it balances temps, frequency, and voltage to keep it at 75-85C at all times, so the only real way to tell if it's being cooled well is to see how high its boosting under full load. 

Try running Cinebench for 10 minutes and see what the average clock speed was. If it was around 4.5GHz +-100MHz, your temps are fine. If it's much lower than that, may it's time to do a repaste.

14 minutes ago, Rishi_Adhikari said:

The problem is when i get into bios, idle temps are 70c all the time
and when it boots to windows, the temps drop down.
But when i open chrome and browse something it reaches toh 70c and suddeenly drops down to 55C. 
EVEN low consuming application increases the temperature by 70C.
Thinking about changing the thermal paste on stock amd cooler.
Thank you GUYS!!!!!!!

Make sure the cooler is also screwed down all the way so its making good contact. with the CPU

16 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

With Ryzen chips, the only way you can really accurately measure cooling performance is putting it under full load then measuring how far it boosts. The way the boost algorithm works, it keeps a high idle voltage so it can boost up to really high temps clock speeds on a single core on a dime, causing those temp spikes. Under full load, it balances temps, frequency, and voltage to keep it at 75-85C at all times, so the only real way to tell if it's being cooled well is to see how high its boosting under full load. 

Try running Cinebench for 10 minutes and see what the average clock speed was. If it was around 4.5GHz +-100MHz, your temps are fine. If it's much lower than that, may it's time to do a repaste.

brother!!
i did what you told me
i ran Cinebench for 10 minutes
and average temps were 87C
and average clock speed were 3978 Mhz

23 minutes ago, Rishi_Adhikari said:

brother!!
i did what you told me

If it's not the paste/mount of the stock cooler doing it, the lack of cooling surface area would be next on my list, iE try to source a tower cooler with heatpipes ($20-$30+)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

40 minutes ago, Rishi_Adhikari said:

brother!!
i did what you told me

yeah, that's a little too low. It's either a bad mount, not enough/crappy thermal paste, or your case doesn't have particularly good airflow so you need a better cooler. The Vetroo V5 is pretty good for cheap. 

19 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

yeah, that's a little too low. It's either a bad mount, not enough/crappy thermal paste, or your case doesn't have particularly good airflow so you need a better cooler. The Vetroo V5 is pretty good for cheap. 

i think it's not a bad mount. when i mounted the stock cooler, i tightened the screws till it stopped.
currently i can't afford any cpu cooler.
I will change the thermal paste and see what happens.