Russian bloggers will have to register with government agency

If this bill gets approved which most likely will then every blogger with 3k readers will have to register with Roskomnadzor. Also bloggers must reveal their surname, initials, and email address.

As a response Yandex already have decided to discontinue its ranking system for bloggers.

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2014/04/19/bad-news-worse-news-for-russian-internet-users/

1920poster.png

Well, let's ready for WW III while we are ahead.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

A similar law was passed in Turkey a while back. It wasn't about bloggers specifically but what it was about internet news sites and because of the vague wording on the law(law with vague wording, who would have thought!) bloggers are also counted as Internet news sites and are bound by the same laws.

I don't think there was any follow up on that though. The law was so vague no one knows how to enforce it!

Unrelated to this, couple of days ago another law passed that gave the national intelligence agency right to listen NSA style.

Thanks Obama! I've always wanted to say this.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Russia is putting pressure on free internet lately.  They got rid of  Vkontakte founder and CEO Pavel Durov so now it looks like there is no one stopping the company to share data with government. http://globalvoicesonline.org/2014/04/21/so-long-mr-durov-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish

Total control of media is getting back in business there.

Don't worry about it Russians....its not like theres a history of getting rid of people who disagree with the regime. And siberia is nice this time of year-,

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.