Graphic Card Advice

jensenco

Hello guys, i need graphic card. I'm thinking of buying an RTX 2060 or 2060 Super. What are your suggestions? 

MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz 35MB Cache Cores 6

SSD: Samsung 500GB 980 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD

PSU: ASUS ROG STRIX 550W 80+ Gold
CASE: MSI MPG Gungnir 110M

The Ryzen 5 3600 is a reasonably powerful CPU, you could get a pretty powerful GPU.

The RTX 2060 is last gen, not really a reason to get it aside from a good price. It's not exactly much cheaper than an RTX 3050.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=436,514,446,518&sort=price&page=1

Unless you have spied a good deal on a used RTX 2060, then it would be a better option for a bargain

if you spend a bit more the 3060 or RX 6600 are good options

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The Ryzen 5 3600 is a reasonably powerful CPU, you could get a pretty powerful GPU.

The RTX 2060 is last gen, not really a reason to get it aside from a good price. It's not exactly much cheaper than an RTX 3050.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=436,514,446,518&sort=price&page=1

Unless you have spied a good deal on a used RTX 2060, then it would be a better option for a bargain

if you spend a bit more the 3060 or RX 6600 are good options

3 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

I assume you're talking used. What's your budget?

I just want to get a nice video card into my system. The budget is not important. Also, would the PSU be enough for this RTX 3050?

Just now, jenseny said:

The budget is not important.

Then I would definitely recommend stepping up to a 3060 ti or RX 6700. Are you buying in the united states?

1 minute ago, jenseny said:

Also, would the PSU be enough for this RTX 3050?

the 3050 isn't very power hungry.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Then I would definitely recommend stepping up to a 3060 ti or RX 6700. Are you buying in the united states?

I'll take a look at the 3060 if I'm not going to have incompatibility. I'll buy it through Canada.

11 minutes ago, jenseny said:

I'll take a look at the 3060 if I'm not going to have incompatibility. I'll buy it through Canada.

The 3060 is cut down from the 3060ti. The difference is significant.

13 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

The 3060 is cut down from the 3060ti. The difference is significant.

26 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I don't want to buy it wrong because some of them have something like Edition OC written on them. I'm going to buy it at places like Walmart, Best buy Canada. Can you send a sample video card model link? RTX 3050, RX 6700 and 3060 Ti

20 minutes ago, jenseny said:

I don't want to buy it wrong because some of them have something like Edition OC written on them. I'm going to buy it at places like Walmart, Best buy Canada. Can you send a sample video card model link? RTX 3050, RX 6700 and 3060 Ti

The names are all marketing. The important part is the chipset. Like 3060 ti. Some models have better coolers than others but there is not much difference.

Forget the 3050. Not worth it. I'll try to post a link. 

9 minutes ago, jenseny said:

I don't want to buy it wrong because some of them have something like Edition OC written on them.

OC edition is just marketing fluff.

sapphire makes some of the best cards in the business

6600XT

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/dFmmP6/sapphire-radeon-rx-6600-xt-8-gb-nitro-video-card-11309-01-20g

6650XT

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/DfLFf7/sapphire-radeon-rx-6650-xt-8-gb-pulse-video-card-11319-03-20g

even the 6700XT is competitively priced

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/xf92FT/sapphire-radeon-rx-6700-xt-12-gb-pulse-video-card-11306-02-20g

PCPP canada doesn't seem to show great prices on 3060 ti right now

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/JHBG3C/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-8-gb-vision-oc-video-card-gv-n306tvision-oc-8gd

Primary PC:

10 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

10 hours ago, Sat1600 said:

In not sure about Canadian prices. This is not bad.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B097YW4FW9/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_97V3HNTHS8T7FFEVSE38

They have gone down to about $500 US lately. But they sell out quickly at that price

Is PCI Express incompatibility an issue? Because the motherboard version is 3.0.

35 minutes ago, jenseny said:

Is PCI Express incompatibility an issue? Because the motherboard version is 3.0.

No. It's backwards compatible. Very little difference in performance between pcie 3.0 and 4.0. The only cards that have real performance hit on pccir 3.0 are the 6500xt and the 6400

1 hour ago, jenseny said:

The graphics cards will just operate at PCIE 3.0 x16 which is just fine

Primary PC: