Internal RGB SSD covers

DarkMyths

Does anybody know of any good SSD covers or casings for 2.5 inch internal SSD's that allows it to have rgb (preferably addressable rgb)?

I know that there are SSD's that come with rgb so i was wondering of there are covers / casings that can do the same, since i couldn't findy any

I think the question is more why would you want this? There are enough other places in a system where you can add RGB that look much better than the SSD, and adding LEDs directly next to the SSD can cause them to overheat and performance to suffer greatly. 

This is what happens to the RGB SSDs. 

11 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I think the question is more why would you want this? There are enough other places in a system where you can add RGB that look much better than the SSD, and adding LEDs directly next to the SSD can cause them to overheat and performance to suffer greatly. 

This is what happens to the RGB SSDs. 

in the case of the video the ssd with rgb is hidden in the back of the pc and away from airflow.

in my case i would put it on top of my psu shroud so i can see the rgb, and it would get airflow, would it then still run too hot?

And considering that it has been 3 years since then and it probably has been fixed from overheating

4 minutes ago, DarkMyths said:

in the case of the video the ssd with rgb is hidden in the back of the pc and away from airflow.

in my case i would put it on top of my psu shroud so i can see the rgb, and it would get airflow, would it then still run too hot?

Did you watch the whole video? He points a 140mm fan directly at it and it still overheats. 

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Did you watch the whole video? He points a 140mm fan directly at it and it still overheats. 

i just did, but don't you think that the problem would be resolved by now? and that hyperx ssd has 75 rgb led's inside, that also rather overkill, you would imagine they just reduce the amount of led's and it would be fine

3 minutes ago, DarkMyths said:

i just did, but don't you think that the problem would be resolved by now? and that hyperx ssd has 75 rgb led's inside, that also rather overkill, you would imagine they just reduce the amount of led's and it would be fine

It might be, but again, there are better places to put it, and other RGB SSDs do report similar issues. Stick to adding RGB to other areas, RAM, GPUs, Fans, light strips, etc., and keep the SSD out of it. It will just be added heat for no real good reason.