Changing from copper to fibre network layout

Joshcanread

Currently I have fibre to the node internet that comes in on a phone line to basically the center of the house. I use a modem router wap combo and it gives good coverage across the whole house and my pc is hooked up with cat6 through the ceiling. When the fibre to the premises is installed next week its going to be on the other side of the house to my pc at the network termination device. 

image.png.31446f7b1a19f44daabecbbe3728de8d.png

What kind of network layout should I have? I'm thinking I could have the modem router wap box hooked up to the fibre directly and then run the cat6 to the pc, but then the pc side of the house has bad wifi. I also have a second modem router wap lying around which I could use in bridge mode as an access point/switch but then I'd have issues with switching wifi networks across the house. 

What do you think I should do? 

7 hours ago, Joshcanread said:

What kind of network layout should I have? I'm thinking I could have the modem router wap box hooked up to the fibre directly and then run the cat6 to the pc, but then the pc side of the house has bad wifi. I also have a second modem router wap lying around which I could use in bridge mode as an access point/switch but then I'd have issues with switching wifi networks across the house. 

What do you think I should do? 

If the NTD is a basic bridge mode ONT, just run copper from it to the existing router.

Just bear in mind depending on the speed you're paying for and how its delivered, the router might not be fast enough.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7