This is my main pc please tell me what you think

Willg2007

Hello I am less than 16 years old and this is my Pc that I built all on my own please tell me how you think I did.

PS. ths was built during the gpu shortage.

PXL_20211010_013541706.MP.jpg

IMG_20220115_212524_01.jpg

PXL_20211010_013411350.MP.jpg

PXL_20211010_013304209.NIGHT.jpg

I think all things considered it looks pretty good. Must have taken forever to save for , i remember 16 and it was very hard to get enough money for things

Vertical GPU brackets tend to give you worse thermals with air cooled GPUs. But it also depends on the space between the GPU and the glass.

What are the specs?

Looks good! Cable management is decent. I like the look of the rotated GPU, but as mentioned above, it can hurt thermals nowadays. Back in the early-mid 2010s, it was common to have side intakes for air, which gave vertical mounting an advantage. That said, it should be okay if it's far enough back from the glass.

Speed stiiiickkk moaar fps!!!!!

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

47 minutes ago, emosun said:

I think all things considered it looks pretty good. Must have taken forever to save for , i remember 16 and it was very hard to get enough money for things

ya it definitly was

46 minutes ago, Devryd said:

Vertical GPU brackets tend to give you worse thermals with air cooled GPUs. But it also depends on the space between the GPU and the glass.

What are the specs?

no i have absolutly no thermal problems the gpu stays very cool becouse of the fan on the bottom of the case that helps blow air accros the frount panel into the card to keep it cool.

50 minutes ago, Devryd said:

What are the specs?

i9990 kf

Gtx 1080

Asus rog maximus x hero wifi

16gb of ram

750 watt psu

main gear vybe case

28 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Speed stiiiickkk moaar fps!!!!!

lol

10 minutes ago, Willg2007 said:

no i have absolutly no thermal problems the gpu stays very cool becouse of the fan on the bottom of the case that helps blow air accros the frount panel into the card to keep it cool.

What are the temps under load, if I may ask

3 minutes ago, Devryd said:

What are the temps under load, if I may ask

100 persent  i get 87c on cpu and like 67 on gpu

there is a good inch between the card and the glass the case has a vertical gpu mount built in it.

Lookin' good. Congrats on the build! Hats off for being able to build it yourself.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

On 5/6/2022 at 12:04 PM, YoungBlade said:

Looks good! Cable management is decent. I like the look of the rotated GPU, but as mentioned above, it can hurt thermals nowadays. Back in the early-mid 2010s, it was common to have side intakes for air, which gave vertical mounting an advantage. That said, it should be okay if it's far enough back from the glass.

i dont think there were vertical gpus in 2010... let aloe pcie extensions... 🤔

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 minutes ago, aeterna789 said:

This was what I got (pre-built) from my parents back in 2006 (17 y.o.) lmao.

student_rig_2006.JPG

i got a p4 for $800 all i had save up...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

28 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i dont think there were vertical gpus in 2010... let aloe pcie extensions... 🤔

I said nothing about vertical mounting GPUs in 2010, although PCIe risers definitely existed even back in 2010, so someone could have done so if they really wanted to. If you don't believe me, as evidence, I present a forum post from 2011 where someone is having trouble a riser purchased off of eBay: https://www.techsupportforum.com/threads/help-problems-with-pci-e-riser-card-causing-massive-memory-dump.570874/

What I said was that cases from the early-mid 2010s often had side ventilation. The trend of vertical mounting GPUs came in the mid 2010s. I was saying that that trend was more sensible back then, because it was easy to find cases that had a side intake - in contrast with today, where such cases (ones with side intakes) are rare as solid glass side panels are all the rage.

On 5/13/2022 at 9:04 PM, aeterna789 said:

This was what I got (pre-built) from my parents back in 2006 (17 y.o.) lmao.

student_rig_2006.JPG

That beauty got a RTX 9090 in it and a intel i9000 14,000,000K. and 120,000,000 gb of ram and a pettbyt of storage for one game. lol

3 minutes ago, Willg2007 said:

That beauty got a RTX 9090 in it and a intel i9000 14,000,000K. and 120,000,000 gb of ram and a pettbyt of storage for one game. lol

I meant a RTX 9090 Ti

On 5/14/2022 at 3:14 AM, thrasher_565 said:

i got a p4 for $800 all i had save up...

After many Commodore, Atari, Spectrum etc. I finally got a PC - P166MMX with 32MB RAM - I think the year was 1996.

Intel i9-13900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite DDR4 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB DDR4 3200 C16 - Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 4090 24GB - Corsair 4000D Airflow - 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  - Corsair AX1600i 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W - Aorus FI27Q - Noctua NH-D15 running 3 fans (CPU) - 6 x NF-A12x25 (3 intake, 3 exhaust) - Aorus K1 - Aorus M5 - Aorus AMP500 - Aorus H5 - Corsair TC70 - Win 11 Pro

4 hours ago, A1200 said:

After many Commodore, Atari, Spectrum etc. I finally got a PC - P166MMX with 32MB RAM - I think the year was 1996.

nice i played on my friends 486. use to play full throttle until we could not get past a part... first game i played on the family pc was duke nukem dont rember the specs of the pc but we had 95 and later on 98 and first gpu upgrade was the voodoo 2.