1440p Monitor

DeltaTango18

What's a good 1440p monitor that not too expensive for gaming?

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

A great value pick is currently the LG 27GL83A-B, which often sells around $280. If you want something higher end the MSI MAG274QRF-QD is as good as it gets before going down the HDR rabbit hole.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

7 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

A great value pick is currently the LG 27GL83A-B, which often sells around $280. If you want something higher end the MSI MAG274QRF-QD is as good as it gets before going down the HDR rabbit hole.

The LG is probably going to be a lot better than the Gigabyte that's been recommended here. 

58 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

The LG is probably going to be a lot better than the Gigabyte that's been recommended here. 

Yes it is. But for the longest time it was more expensive, which is why the M27Q was the go-to choice. But with the lower price the LG is hands down the better choice.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 5/2/2022 at 6:48 PM, Stahlmann said:

Yes it is. But for the longest time it was more expensive, which is why the M27Q was the go-to choice. But with the lower price the LG is hands down the better choice.

Oh I've used the M27 before and while the inverted subpixel layout didn't affect me for the short period of time I had it, the uniformity of the panel certainly did. Was by far the worst monitor I've had for bleed, glow, etc. 

Entirely possible for LG monitors to be the same as I've learned on the forum but I'm somewhat led to believe it's less common.

1 hour ago, ErykYT3 said:

Oh I've used the M27 before and while the inverted subpixel layout didn't affect me for the short period of time I had it, the uniformity of the panel certainly did. Was by far the worst monitor I've had for bleed, glow, etc. 

Entirely possible to LG monitors to be the same as I've learned on the forum but I'm somewhat led to believe it's less common on LG panels. 

All my LG monitors had backlight bleed and IPS glow, just like all the other brands i had and have. It's just something that comes with LCD. My main monitor doesn't really suffer from it because it's FALD and can turn dark parts off, but every IPS, TN or VA panel i owned hat bad dark uniformity. Even the $900 LG 27GN950-B i had.