Is my monitor a fire hazard?

Kazooduck
Go to solution Solved by shoutingsteve,

The great news is, what happened to your brother's is extremely rare.  If you monitor is involved in your death with regards to a fire, it is more likely for you to die having tripped over it while escaping a house fire than the monitor being the source of the fire.  Please see my attached image for safety instructions.

image.thumb.jpeg.47df3214a28bfc6a0be68eaf5d53791b.jpeg

Hi all, I was a bit scared of my monitor after my brother’s started to smoke. It had some dead pixels so i assume there was a capacitor that swelled up inside. It’s an 11 year old hp ips lcd, (zr2240w)

Are there any precautions that I should take so mine doesn’t suffer the same fate, or even be a fire hazard?

thanks in advance!

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

The great news is, what happened to your brother's is extremely rare.  If you monitor is involved in your death with regards to a fire, it is more likely for you to die having tripped over it while escaping a house fire than the monitor being the source of the fire.  Please see my attached image for safety instructions.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

24 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

SMH forgot to move my eyes meme gets a 0/10

I would like some sources tho before I can sleep at night

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4