Just thought I'd say this but........

iTalkTech376

Im going to New York tonight!!!!!!! :D this is going to be the greatest holiday I'm ever going to go on because I live in the UK and I just thought I'd tell my friends here at The Linus Tech Tips Forum.

Have any of you guys been to New York and if so what was the best thing you did there?

Probably some people who live in New York here who you could meet up with. :P

I don't know you... but gratz I have been wanting to go to New York at some point.

Dont want to ruin it for ya but i didnt like it there much :D

If you really like shopping (clothes) and all of that its great.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Dont want to ruin it for ya but i didnt like it there much :D

If you really like shopping (clothes) and all of that its great.

Im gonna be visting places like the Statue Of Liberty, Rockerfeller Center, 9/11 memorial, Empire State Building, Broadway and so many others that I cant remember but its gonna be fun packed

It's crowded and hot. (when I went it was May)

This. SO MANY PEOPLE. And frikken ligths everywhere. No wonder nobody can sleep there. 

This. SO MANY PEOPLE. And frikken ligths everywhere. No wonder nobody can sleept there. 

Yeah, especially Times Square. That place is horrible, you are literally touching people all the time. And at 1 AM it's like everyone is just going about their day! You have to close really dark blinds to not have the sun in your window.

Have any of you guys been to New York and if so what was the best thing you did there?

Used to live in stanford CT, and would ride into the city on the tram with friends on a regular basis.

Best thing we did was walk around and experience the city.  Go at night, preferably on a friday or saturday, and see times square.  If you don't like people or being near people, just don't go to times square.  You won't catch a break from bumping into people.

They've been doing a lot of renovations and work on all the buildings so there's scaffolding everywhere.  Other than that its a pretty great time if you know what to do (shop, tour, etc)

edit: ALSO IF MEN WALK UP TO YOU AND SHOVE DISKS IN YOUR FACE ASKING FOR DONATIONS TO THEIR UPCOMING BAND THE DISKS ARE BLANK AND THEY'RE TAKING YOUR MONEY 

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I know that @TheSLSAMG lives there and I'm about 30 minutes away by train. Personally, I really like NYC. It isn't too crowded for me, there is a ton of cool stuff to do and way too many good restaurants to count. The subways are pretty dirty though. 

My mum has been to New York twice. Apparently I was "Too young" *bullshit* Think we will be going soon though.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I went just a few months ago! It's a great city with a decent transit system. It's a year round tourist destination, so I'd just stay away from too many touristy spots? Things can be expensive as hell

It's a big city so you'll find food and shopping everywhere anyway.

For a huge city, it felt a lot more relaxed somehow than my hometown in southern california. Dunno if anyone else feels the same.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

The experience will vary WILDLY depending on where you go, like many places in the states.

Just remember to tip. 

Error: 410

I've been there. Gonna be heading back soon to visit family. It's a cool place. Just plan out your day, and make sure to give extra time in case of delays. That may be pretty commonplace when you're there. It was when I was there anyway.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

I've gone a few dozen times, I thought the place is absolutely terrible. I also hate people, so that may affect my opinion.

Im going to New York tonight!!!!!!! :D this is going to be the greatest holiday I'm ever going to go on because I live in the UK and I just thought I'd tell my friends here at The Linus Tech Tips Forum.

go to new york. and come over to my house..... i have chocolate bunnies brooooo

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.