Share your Old, Rare, or Discontinued Hardware.

There was a point in time where I thought PC parts would always be around. And to an extent they have been, Shortages aside. But during the actual onslaught of technical progression many products rise and fall to the wayside. Some of these products are One-offs, Limited production, or cut early due to poor sales. Now days these discontinued products are slowly starting to see a new appreciation in value. The product I'm talking about is the Thermaltake Pacific PR2U 5.25" Dual Bay Reservoir [https://www.thermaltake.com/pacific-pr2u.html]. 

When the time came to build my Water cooling loop I knew that I didn't want a Cylindrical Reservoir. To me, they seemed basic and kind of tacky. I wanted something that would make my computer more unique. I've always loved 5.25" Bay reservoirs, even from a young age. Although I thoroughly missed the time when '5.25" Bays were in vogue' I spent many days searching for the right one. To no avail could I find anything that was actually Available at the time and had my required feature-set. I eventually found the Thermaltake 5.25" Dual Bay Reservoir on Amazon in early 2021. I ordered it and a few days later it arrived at my house. I had to wait a few more days to get the rest of my parts. Once everything arrived I mocked up everything cleaned, built, ran the loop outside of the computer to verify everything worked. I'm glad I did so as I found there was a leak on the inside of the Reservoir. (See the Spraying in the Picture and Video) 

Devastated at the fact of having to wait even longer for my loop to be finished, I drained the loop and broke everything down and put it all back. The next day I call up Thermaltake to redeem the warranty. (Thermaltake has some really good responsive warranty staff) They helped me through the steps as this was my first DOA Product. Moments later I obtained a shipping label and packed it up but, Thermaltake told me not to ship it just yet as they couldn't validate a replacement. "This is a discontinued product where not many were made. And even fewer were sold." A couple days go by and  curiously I email them back. The person informed me that they were inventorying the warehouse. I asked for clarification and they responded with "We have 100's of employees working around the clock across all of our warehouses to find a valid replacement." At that moment I felt very special as I had the full power of Thermaltake searching for this Reservoir. I had a feeling they would find one. The next day they confirmed they found one and told me to ship the broken one. I'm convinced our packages crossed in the air as it took 5 days for the new one to come. And on the same day I got a delivery confirmation from Thermaltake. 

This Reservoir is pretty awesome. It was definitely worth everything. Looks sick and will continue to look sick for many years to come.

Share your Old, Rare, or Discontinued Hardware Stories Below.

20210519_165920.jpg

20210519_165935.jpg

_MG_0195.JPEG

Marline
Top Loop:
Thermaltake Pacific PR2U Dual 5.25" Bay D5 Pump/Resorvior Combo / EK ZMT Tubing / A mixture of Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings Bit Fenix and Alpha Cool / Alphacool NexXxos 280mm 45mm Thick Copper Pass-through Radiator / Alphacool NexXxos 140mm 45mm Thick Copper Radiator / XSPC G1/4 1/2ID Chrome Compression Fittings / Freeze Mod AM4 CPU Waterblock / 3x Noctua Redux 140mm fans
The Bottom: 
Custom Made 2mm Thick Steel PSU Shroud / Aqua Computer Aqua Tube POM Reservoir / Alphacool Eisdeck 5 w/D5 655 Pump / EK ZMT Tubing / Alphacool 45° Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings / Bitfenix 90° Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings / Alphacool Chrome Plates Brass Pass Through Fittings / Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnects / Bitfenix Full Cover Water Block 2080ti / Alphacool NexXxos 200mm 45mm Thick Copper Radiator / Noctua Chromax 200mm Fan / The fluid I used for both was EK Cryofuel Acid Green
Computer Specs:
Thermaltake F31 Suppressor / Ryzen 9 3950X / 32gb G. Skill 3200mhz RAM / Asus B550-E motherboard / Zotac RTX 2080 ti 11gb / EVGA 1000 GS PSU / Samsung 970 Evo Gen3 NVMe SSD / Western Digital SN850X Gen 4 NVMe SSD / 4x PNY 120 gb SSDs in RAID 0 / 1x Spectre 512gb SSD / 1x Patriot 240gb SSD / 1x 1Tb Western Digital Black 7200RPM HDD / 1x 2Tb Seagate 5400RPM HDD / Windows 10

There's already the "Show off your old and retro computer parts" thread, this is rather similar.

But I will say, 5.25 drive bay addons... that's where PC design peaked IMO. VU meters, reservoirs, tube amplifiers... you could buy basically anything for a front bay. 

evga 6800 ultra, xps 720 i think, thermltake mozart tx my voodoo5500 was the rarest thing i had but sold it sadly... i have an antec lanboy case too as well oh i own a 850xt too as well

DSCF1609.JPG

20200211_163704.jpg

20200211_163848.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

*** Thread locked ***

Please use existing thread

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv