Due to TSMC it looks like Nvidia messed up big time, expect delays on the 860,860ti,870,880 and titan brown

brownninja97

I say what I want to say, when I want to say. If you think it is trolling to have someone have an opinion against yours, then that is another problem.

I did say almost however that kind of attitude really doesn't helps your case: you're basically not disputing the fact that your insistence on this isn't necessary and actually wasteful and inflammatory, you're just saying "whatever I do what I want!"

That's fine, it might not be technically trolling or against rules but it is quite transparent and evident to us all.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't blame the OP. He followed an article. I blame TechPowerUp, for not checking their source. (Although I got really frustrated after offending me, which made me think he didn't understand what I was saying).

Technically I am not repeating myself either, I am developing on what I said. Sure I repeat to some level what I said before that, but that is provide context to a new reader.

They might be running into issues with quantum mechanics in some smaller process? But since 750 and 750Ti is 28nm, why wouldn't the rest of maxwell be the same?

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Well then, looks like I better start saving for those GTX 780s.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

well the temps will slightly increase but not by a lot, thats probably the main issue.

Eh, most non-reference coolers do a great job at controlling those temps, another 10C still wouldn't hurt the card(s).

Figures much. Even AMD will probably stick with 28nm for their APU's. I hope it pulls through somehow because Intel is hasting the transistor node sizes.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

nothing wrong with switching to the red team for this generation

AMD also manufacturer's their GPUs with TSMC, so they are effected as well

AMD also manufacturer's their GPUs with TSMC, so they are effected as well

If all this is true, all rumors.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I though AMD didn't have planned to use 20nm this year, but the next year anyways.

If all this is true, all rumors.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I though AMD didn't have planned to use 20nm this year, but the next year anyways.

Not sure, I haven't looked at their roadmap recently. But TSMC having issues with their 20nm process has been a long standing rumor, this is just the first time we've (possibly) seen a product effected by it because this was more or less the first product to see production on it. This is likely why Nvidia released the 750 and 750ti on 28nm instead of 20nm, and why the current line of GPUs has been mostly rebrands and refreshes. Pretty much no one but Intel has really figured out sub 28nm processes right now

Not sure, I haven't looked at their roadmap recently. But TSMC having issues with their 20nm process has been a long standing rumor, this is just the first time we've (possibly) seen a product effected by it because this was more or less the first product to see production on it. This is likely why Nvidia released the 750 and 750ti on 28nm instead of 20nm, and why the current line of GPUs has been mostly rebrands and refreshes. Pretty much no one but Intel has really figured out sub 28nm processes right now

(My opinion, I could be wrong)

You know what's interesting about all these rumors? That these "news" are really negative, like, a full setback for a big company like Nvida, who plans everything years ahead. Yet the market shares of Nvidia are still the same, no big news websites are reporting these big impact negative "news" and Nvidia hasn't spoken any negativity. 

Then, one has to wonder and think for a moment, is this actually true? For all we know Nvidia can milk the 700 series the whole year and still make a profit of it. I remember Nvidia releasing the 780 in May last year, then in November guess what? they released the same card but fully unlocked(780ti) just to beat the AMD's newer card. They had it all along but it wasn't until they felt they needed that they released the card. 

It's all about money, they don't give a damn about you and me wanting a 880 for the summer, they can and they will release it whenever they want to release it once the process of 20nm it's done. All I'm saying is, all this 20nm process rumors could happen, but could not, I'll simply let time decide that. For me? I'll buy a 780 this summer, I'm not gonna wait haha

(!)Just in case, this doesn't mean that I think this thread is bad, OP wanted to share the latest rumors and so he delivers.  :)

Delays are now for AMD and Nvidia. It was said on NCIX's video I just watched today.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Delays are now for AMD and Nvidia. It was said on NCIX's video I just watched today.

Which was based on the same article here. :P

Damnit... I was waiting for the features that Maxwell would give to users...

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Whilst I am itching to see exactly what Maxwell can do, anything that makes my GTX 660 purchase have a longer life (and therefore better value for money) is good in my books.

I should be in a better position to afford an upgrade to 800 series by Q4, anyway.

Just found this here:

Seems like i wont get any PC in septemer, becuase no maxwell or new AMD cards. May DDR4 and Haswell-e be cheaper untill then

but still..

DANGIT, DANGIT, DANGIT!

(hope this changes)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

@ViruZ_HUN, sure if you consider people talking in a forum speculating as facts for news, much like NCIX and TechPowerUp just did, sure.

And the fact that it takes over 2 years to do what the article says Nvidia will be doing in terms of process size change.

You should read the discussion happening on the last 3-4 pages for more details.

(My opinion, I could be wrong)

You know what's interesting about all these rumors? That these "news" are really negative, like, a full setback for a big company like Nvida, who plans everything years ahead. Yet the market shares of Nvidia are still the same, no big news websites are reporting these big impact negative "news" and Nvidia hasn't spoken any negativity. 

Then, one has to wonder and think for a moment, is this actually true? For all we know Nvidia can milk the 700 series the whole year and still make a profit of it. I remember Nvidia releasing the 780 in May last year, then in November guess what? they released the same card but fully unlocked(780ti) just to beat the AMD's newer card. They had it all along but it wasn't until they felt they needed that they released the card. 

It's all about money, they don't give a damn about you and me wanting a 880 for the summer, they can and they will release it whenever they want to release it once the process of 20nm it's done. All I'm saying is, all this 20nm process rumors could happen, but could not, I'll simply let time decide that. For me? I'll buy a 780 this summer, I'm not gonna wait haha

(!)Just in case, this doesn't mean that I think this thread is bad, OP wanted to share the latest rumors and so he delivers.  :)

Whether they can manufacture at 20 instead of 28 believe it or not only appears to have a minor effect on profit.  Especially seeing as their main competition with GPU's is having similar issues.  Investors care about as much for the manufacturing process as they do about where Nvidia get their caps from,  If the company promise a product and success then that's all that matters.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Whether they can manufacture at 20 instead of 28 believe it or not only appears to have a minor effect on profit.  Especially seeing as their main competition with GPU's is having similar issues.  Investors care about as much for the manufacturing process as they do about where Nvidia get their caps from,  If the company promise a product and success then that's all that matters.

Good point, I'm just gonna let time decide what's gonna happen. Probably in a year(hopefully) when all this is sorted out, I'll look at my comments and laugh at them. 

when waiting for Maxwell goes wrong. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

Good point, I'm just gonna let time decide what's gonna happen. Probably in a year(hopefully) when all this is sorted out, I'll look at my comments and laugh at them. 

It's my experience that we constantly do that, every year something different happens and we think it's major then a year later we realise it isn't, I have gotten to a point now where I hardly get excited or upset about anything tech related because after the hype and news articles are gone I am still left weighing up the pros and cons of two products and not really happy with the price of either.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's my experience that we constantly do that, every year something different happens and we think it's major then a year later we realise it isn't, I have gotten to a point now where I hardly get excited or upset about anything tech related because after the hype and news articles are gone I am still left weighing up the pros and cons of two products and not really happy with the price of either.

The thing about what you said is, that it's always the same, year after year is the same. I didn't think about it cause a few months ago I had my PC and I simply couldn't care much about new products. I don't have my PC anymore(had to sell it a few months ago to pay college), probably the reason I spend so much time hyped about new products, once I build my new PC this summer I won't care much about new products I admit. 

@ViruZ_HUN, sure if you consider people talking in a forum speculating as facts for news, much like NCIX and TechPowerUp just did, sure.

And the fact that it takes over 2 years to do what the article says Nvidia will be doing in terms of process size change.

You should read the discussion happening on the last 3-4 pages for more details.

I am cofused, @GoodBytes

Will Maxwell 20nm be delayed to to Q1 2014 or start 2015 or the 28nm maxwell?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log