PS4 Pro with 1.79TB SSD vs PS5

Voy

Hello all,

I have a PS4 Pro with 1.79TB SSD installed and I am thinking about upgrading to PS5.

But is it actually worth it?

I do not care about 60+ fps.

I do not care about Ray Tracing.

I am quite happy with my PS4 Pro, main reason why I think about PS5 is the new Pad and being future proof. 

Fully worth it, since the main selling point of PS5 are all those exclusives, so titles like... like... I believe there are couple...  don't remember... ok, probably not worth it then...

3 hours ago, rikitikitavi said:

Fully worth it, since the main selling point of PS5 are all those exclusives, so titles like... like... I believe there are couple...  don't remember... ok, probably not worth it then...

Still got a few interesting exclusives like the Demons Souls remaster, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, and the pack-in game Astros Playroom is pretty good too.

39 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Still got a few interesting exclusives like the Demons Souls remaster, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, and the pack-in game Astros Playroom is pretty good too.

Well, unless someone is going mental for any of these titles, I doubt it is worth upgrading atm.

At some point, yeah, it might be a more interesting purchase/upgrade with more great games using extra oomph and exclusives, and the redesign (slim-whatever) that might be less offensive to your eyes and your room.

I had a PS4 Pro with a large drive and a bunch of games, i ended up trading them in and my PS5 (disk version) only ended up costing me $200 or so, well worth it because even if you're not keen on 60fps or any next gen exclusives, playing something like The Last of Us Part II made my pro sound like a jet engine taking off but now on my PS5 it's whisper quiet (while also running better). 

On 4/8/2022 at 2:10 PM, Totallycasual said:

I had a PS4 Pro with a large drive and a bunch of games, i ended up trading them in and my PS5 (disk version) only ended up costing me $200 or so, well worth it because even if you're not keen on 60fps or any next gen exclusives, playing something like The Last of Us Part II made my pro sound like a jet engine taking off but now on my PS5 it's whisper quiet (while also running better). 

Yeah that makes sense.

I might do that at some point when PS5's become more available.