NVMe M.2 error with ASUS motherboards?

KhakiHat

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED, I'm just curious.

With the past 2(one being the current motherboard I use) ASUS motherboards that I have owned and used, both have had the random issue of not being able to detect an NVMe M.2.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI LGA 1200 being the first motherboard that gave the issue that I was able to resolve.

The second motherboard being the ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700.

The systems that I built both had varying CPU's, RAM speeds, RAM types(DDR4 & DDR5), GPU's, etc. But for some reason really the only issue I had with either system is that one day the NVMe M.2 that I was using would work, the next it wouldn't be able to be detected. The NVMe M.2 isn't faulty and is still used currently. 

The solution would usually end up with me having to reset my motherboard to factory defaults and then changing everything back(XMP profiles, etc.) to how it was formally only for it to all the sudden work with the same BIOS settings. It just seems odd for it to work and then not work even though nothing really changed and then to still work once I change it back to the so-called "unstable environment".

Has anyone else had a similar problem with NVMe's and an ASUS motherboard? I'm not really even upset with the issue because it's easy to fix, just annoying nonetheless.