Guide for running 6 4k screens

Context

There is a customer of mine who has 17 shops and wants to link them to one center to remotly view them all of his cameras and nvrs are hikvision so there is no problem in linking them by using ivms 4200

But the problem is he didn't buy a pc yet and if he does he will probably buy an intel pre built and he wants to connect 6 4k tv screens 

So here the question

Can I plug 6 4k even at 30hz with intel hd graphics using hdmi splitter

Or do I need a discrete gpu that supports this 

I searched the internet and found this gpu the visiontek radeon hd 7750

https://www.amazon.sa/VisionTek-Graphics-DisplayPorts-Eyefinity-900614/dp/B00C7EPSVS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=VisionTek+7750+Eyefinity+6+2GB+DDR5+(900614)&qid=1648365639&sr=8-1

But I don't think it is worth it, it is no longer supported and its last driver was in 2015

So if I do need a gpu can you recommend a one, again it isn't for gaming or 3d acceleration or modeling just using ivms 4200 to view the cameras and what cpu do I need to pair it with?

Even if it run the 4k screens at 30hz

Splitter duplicated the signal, so will not work for your case.

You will need a discreet graphics card.

For that many screens, it will have to be definitely NOT a bare minimum specification.

That graphics card is ancient and not suitable for so many 4k screens.

6 4K screen will be VERY expensive.  Aside from the old Eyfinity cards from AMD (which i'm guessing WOULDN't do 6 4k screens)  This is the only card i've seen recently from memory.

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

45 minutes ago, Mahmoud Alharazeen said:

Context

There is a customer of mine who has 17 shops and wants to link them to one center to remotly view them all of his cameras and nvrs are hikvision so there is no problem in linking them by using ivms 4200

But the problem is he didn't buy a pc yet and if he does he will probably buy an intel pre built and he wants to connect 6 4k tv screens 

So here the question

Can I plug 6 4k even at 30hz with intel hd graphics using hdmi splitter

Or do I need a discrete gpu that supports this 

I searched the internet and found this gpu the visiontek radeon hd 7750

https://www.amazon.sa/VisionTek-Graphics-DisplayPorts-Eyefinity-900614/dp/B00C7EPSVS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=VisionTek+7750+Eyefinity+6+2GB+DDR5+(900614)&qid=1648365639&sr=8-1

But I don't think it is worth it, it is no longer supported and its last driver was in 2015

So if I do need a gpu can you recommend a one, again it isn't for gaming or 3d acceleration or modeling just using ivms 4200 to view the cameras and what cpu do I need to pair it with?

Even if it run the 4k screens at 30hz

That won't work because that card for one no longer has driver support so it can get wonky AND it is quite weak running streams to all those displays is NOT going to go well at all.

You need a proper setup instead of going for the bare minimum or even below min spec.

You need to build a proper pc here. You can opt for a nvidia quadro or amd firepro that can do 6 displays that will probably be the cheapest option. That or 2 lower end cards in one system.

How many display streams will there be at one time? What resolution and bitrate? Because that will be what is going to be the bottleneck. Sure you can get 6 4k screens running for relatively small budget BUT that doesn't mean it will perform well enough for the tasks you want. Could a hd7750 decode 6 4k yt streams at ones for example? Kinda ish. But that would be maxing that thing out. Forget about anything higher bitrate and stuff.

29 minutes ago, whispous said:

Splitter duplicated the signal, so will not work for your case.

You will need a discreet graphics card.

For that many screens, it will have to be definitely NOT a bare minimum specification.

That graphics card is ancient and not suitable for so many 4k screens.

This is true for HDMI.

But for Displayport there are splitters, or sometimes called hubs that can have multiple different monitors that act as different monitors, look up Displayport MST.

It came with DP 1.2.

Not all splitters are MST tho so you have to get the right thing, MST ones are more expensive.

More common use of it is that some monitors (probably not that common tho) have a DDP input and an output and you can daisy chain one monitor from the other and they act as different monitors.

You are still limited by what one Displayport cable maximum tho, so on DP 1.2 it's still maximum of a single 4k monitor per DP output (or 4 1080p ones). At 60hz. 1.4 should be able to take more.

But also, I don't think even if your GPU has 3 DP out, that you can use every single one to maximum number of monitors via MST on all of them? Might have their own limits? But I have never seen it actually tested, maybe some YouTubers or websites should test it out?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, jaslion said:

That won't work because that card for one no longer has driver support so it can get wonky AND it is quite weak running streams to all those displays is NOT going to go well at all.

You need a proper setup instead of going for the bare minimum or even below min spec.

You need to build a proper pc here. You can opt for a nvidia quadro or amd firepro that can do 6 displays that will probably be the cheapest option. That or 2 lower end cards in one system.

How many display streams will there be at one time? What resolution and bitrate? Because that will be what is going to be the bottleneck. Sure you can get 6 4k screens running for relatively small budget BUT that doesn't mean it will perform well enough for the tasks you want. Could a hd7750 decode 6 4k yt streams at ones for example? Kinda ish. But that would be maxing that thing out. Forget about anything higher bitrate and stuff.

It will probably be all of them at once as for the bitrate I don't know yet and the refresh rate there is no problem if they were at 30hz

See each of the 17 shop has its nvr and is connected to the internet I will link them with ivms 4200 as for the cameras I think thier resolution is 2mp to 4mp but they will be alot Can you recommend a gpu model that can do that many displays?

1 hour ago, Mahmoud Alharazeen said:

It will probably be all of them at once as for the bitrate I don't know yet and the refresh rate there is no problem if they were at 30hz

See each of the 17 shop has its nvr and is connected to the internet I will link them with ivms 4200 as for the cameras I think thier resolution is 2mp to 4mp but they will be alot Can you recommend a gpu model that can do that many displays?

An nvs 810 might have enough horsepower and has enough display outputs. But it's expensive.

On 3/27/2022 at 7:53 PM, jaslion said:

An nvs 810 might have enough horsepower and has enough display outputs. But it's expensive.

One more question can you recommend me full system specs ?

1 minute ago, Mahmoud Alharazeen said:

One more question can you recommend me full system specs ?

Make a build?

Give us a budget. Might as well then skip the nvs and do like a ryzen apu or intel igpu + gpu config then.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Make a build?

Give us a budget. Might as well then skip the nvs and do like a ryzen apu or intel igpu + gpu config then.

There is no budget see this is an enterprise case

So there budget is high although they want the cheapest thing possible

So can you recommend me the cheapest that can achieve the goal and thanks for your help I appreciate it