Gsync not working in Elden Ring

Abra Cadaver

I have turned off Vsync in Nvidia control panel and enabled Gsync but I still get tearing.  I tested Halo Infinite to ensure Gsync is working elsewhere and it is.  Is anyone able to use Gsync in Elden Ring?

Is your fps higher than the refreshrate of your monitor? Because gsync only works when your fps is lower than your refreshrate. 

Both GSync and VSync have to be turned ON for GSync to work properly. 

Also the FPS can't be higher than your monitors refresh rate and its a good idea to use the FPS cap in the NVIDIA Control Panel to cap your FPS 2-3FPS lower than your monitors refresh rate to avoid Vsync input  latency spikes if the FPS got capped by VSync instead. 

This applies to actual GSync, not sure about GSync Compatible monitors which are different 

It's a gsync monitor, not gsync compatible.  It's a 144hz monitor and Elden Ring is locked at 60hz so I know that isn't the cause of tearing.  I've never heard about enabling vsync and gsync in Nvidia control panel.  I thought gsync replaces vsync.  I don't get tearing in Halo with vsync forced off and gsync enabled.  I made sure vsync is off in the in-game settings as well (for Halo).

I just noticed that turning on gysync automatically reverts vsync to "use the 3D application setting".  Ya learn something new every day!  Thanks for your help.