Option for ‘thumbnail’ images

Ralfi

I’ve found adding images to posts distorts things as the size of the image dwarfs the text, & was wondering if there could be an option added to add thumbnail images instead (similar to Macrumors forums).

I notice there’s an option to reduce the image resolution, but it’s clunky/slow & you need to work out the right ratios each time, plus it didn’t work when I tried it last.

The thumbnail as default could be really nice. Right now, I stuff larger photos or multiples into a spoiler though as a work around. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

The thumbnail as default could be really nice. Right now, I stuff larger photos or multiples into a spoiler though as a work around. 

That’s actually helped a lot in a recent thread I started that had 9 images dominating the post & made scrolling a chore 😆 

Much obliged!

25 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You can double click on pictures and set the size to whatever you want ... for example the picture below is shrunk at ~ 25% (click on picture to view full size)

B450-AORUS-M-Rev10_LED.thumb.jpg.249e6345edafa5a3f218d84446f05c88.jpg

It worked!

A15A7B3B-03F6-4DB2-B0B2-05E8836D0031.thumb.jpeg.f85d40a439bbf327fb568bcf3706747e.jpeg

I didn’t know I only had to change one of the two fields to adjust the size…(I saw the second field as greyed out & thought it was bugged).

Thanks for that. I think it’ll do.

Edit…Although, I can’t seem to enlarge my above image. Can anyone else?

You can hit edit on your post and double click on image again.

Yeah, only one of the values needs to be edited. If the checkbox "preserve aspect ratio" is checked (it is by default), the other value is automatically changed to preserve aspect ratio. 

So you could for example just enter "400" or whatever width you like and all images will have same width of 400 px on screen.

25 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

It worked!

A15A7B3B-03F6-4DB2-B0B2-05E8836D0031.thumb.jpeg.f85d40a439bbf327fb568bcf3706747e.jpeg

I didn’t know I only had to change one of the two fields to adjust the size…(I saw the second field as greyed out & thought it was bugged).

Thanks for that. I think it’ll do.

Edit…Although, I can’t seem to enlarge my above image. Can anyone else?

and people can quote your posts and edit the size of the picture... I just did now

Hey, its not a bad idea, as long as we can choose it ourselves.
I so hate trying to format a post and then it just puts all the pictures as thumbnails on the end of the post.

Thats the absolute worst.

@mariushmThanks for the hint! I will surely remember that.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!