Need advice for a Budget PC Build ($500-$600) (No GPU)

thab

Budget (including currency): $500-$600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Workstation

Other details: Building this PC for work. No gaming will be done on this build. Would love to see both Intel and AMD builds.

2 minutes ago, thab said:

Workstation

What do you actually do on this system? There is a lot of variance in what workstations actually do, and what you actually need for each type is very different. A Blender Render box will be different than a Solidworks machine, for example.

Agree with above... This is the best pcpartpicker could do with the cheapest stuff I could find... But you get what you pay for.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/An0maly1976/saved/#view=2GcHWZ

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Do you need like a monitor, Windows copy, or anything else? $500-600 is a very hard budget to have a good system nowadays because of prices. I would wait for the i3 12100 (non-F) to go back in stock and get that and then ask us for a list. Also, like what @RONOTHAN##said, what is this for?

how are you doing today

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

What do you actually do on this system? There is a lot of variance in what workstations actually do, and what you actually need for each type is very different. A Blender Render box will be different than a Solidworks machine, for example.

To run quickbooks and other business related softwares.

52 minutes ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

Do you need like a monitor, Windows copy, or anything else? $500-600 is a very hard budget to have a good system nowadays because of prices. I would wait for the i3 12100 (non-F) to go back in stock and get that and then ask us for a list. Also, like what @RONOTHAN##said, what is this for?

Only the build. and It's for a shop to run quickbooks and other business related softwares.

1 minute ago, thab said:

Only the build. and It's for a shop to run quickbooks and other business related softwares.

Then the pcpartpicker link I posted will do, as long as it's not CAD or something.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

21 minutes ago, thab said:

To run quickbooks and other business related softwares.

For a generic office PC, I'd probably just go for a prebuilt. That way you get a full warranty on the system itself and aren't reliant on an IT guy or yourself to troubleshoot it in case anything goes wrong. The price will be pretty similar (custom built systems only really start getting cheaper above the ~$700 mark) and you won't have to deal with building it yourself.

Quickbooks and other business tools are not really intensive, so you don't really need to worry about getting the fastest thing possible. Just try and make sure it's a recent generation machine (11th and newer for Intel, Ryzen 4000 series or greater for AMD) and you should be just fine. 

Here is a $524 Office Build (without storage) that should fit your needs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/FliP0x/saved/#view=tMcHWZ

Comes with a 5600G (for display output), 8 GB RAM (enough for office work and some applications), compact case.

For an office, generally a prebuilt will be the easiest option (Dell Optiplex or Lenovo ThinkCentre).

I'm currently writing this from my Office PC, which is a Dell Optiplex 3090, which according to current pricing is starting at $869. There definitely is a benefit of building your own Office PC though:
- Price (~$600 with storage compared to pricing starting at $869 for about the same or even a worse system is a night and day difference)
- Maintenance (Prebuilt Office PCs tend to be built too tightly and will start overheating after a few months of daily use. Maintenance on them isn't as easy as on a regular Desktop PC)

- Make your own (choose the components you want. Prebuilts usually come with Intel, but I prefer Ryzen)

NZXT S340 | Ryzen 7 5900X | B550 AORUS PRO V2 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 | RTX 4070
Nintendo Switch (2x), Nintendo *New* 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000 (Crisis Core Limited Edition)

MacBook Pro 14 (2021), 16GB RAM, 512GB ROM

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

Then the pcpartpicker link I posted will do, as long as it's not CAD or something.

It says permission denied.

9 hours ago, thab said:

I would recommend a pre-built PC. Here is a white version of this HP pre-bulit. (black version is out of stock and only open box for now) https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-desktop-intel-core-i3-8gb-memory-256gb-ssd-natural-silver/6428084.p?skuId=6428084

But if you do want a PC that you build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3DDV6r

how are you doing today

18 hours ago, thab said:

It says permission denied.

My bad, thought I set it to public. Try it now. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/An0maly1976/saved/#view=2GcHWZ

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!