NH-D15 Vs. Assassin iii (12th gen)

Slackdog82371

Hi, recently I upgraded to 12th gen intel due to my old system being bricked. I am still yet to replace my NH-U12s with a new cooler, because 12th gen is toasty. Which one is better? NH-D15 or Assassin iii?

I have seen benchmarks showing the Assassin iii wins yet I see more people reccomend the NH-d15. I hope to get some insight on the matter.

Thanks

26 minutes ago, yelowww said:

Hi, recently I upgraded to 12th gen intel due to my old system being bricked. I am still yet to replace my NH-U12s with a new cooler, because 12th gen is toasty. Which one is better? NH-D15 or Assassin iii?

I have seen benchmarks showing the Assassin iii wins yet I see more people reccomend the NH-d15. I hope to get some insight on the matter.

Thanks

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Don't mind the wrong name, the Assassin III numbers are in the same charts.

Either way they are extremely close with Assassin III being slightly better, but Noctua has better compatibility. My preference is Thermalright Frost Commander 140 though.

Jonsbo HX7280 is a really nice looking option too. But Noctua and Thermalright right next to it are unparalleled in how offset in various axis they are (offset from the GPU, which is very rare in the industry), and how long they provide support and mounting hardware for new platforms (With Noctua being of course a more sure option).

if you're looking for the utmost performance, the most proven one is the Assassin III yes, it is by a few degrees the most capable option.

19 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Don't mind the wrong name, the Assassin III numbers are in the same charts.

Either way they are extremely close with Assassin III being slightly better, but Noctua has better compatibility. My preference is Thermalright Frost Commander 140 though.

Jonsbo HX7280 is a really nice looking option too. But Noctua and Thermalright right next to it are unparalleled in how offset in various axis they are (offset from the GPU, which is very rare in the industry), and how long they provide support and mounting hardware for new platforms (With Noctua being of course a more sure option).

if you're looking for the utmost performance, the most proven one is the Assassin III yes, it is by a few degrees the most capable option.

the video i posted talked more then just performance...

i do agree that Noctua has nice things and uprages. they use to give you a free upgrade kit but i doubt they will now thow

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the video i posted talked more then just performance...

But is not as accurate on the performance part as GN is, which is why I supplemented it with GamersNexus. Again don't get me wrong, the video you posted is very informational.

And generally the secondary and tertiary stuff like various x and y axis offset for better mobo, gpu compatiblity. RAM cut-outs, warrantly, longevity, parts delievery for new sockets, advanced ICs for silent fans, etc, ... There's a ton of stuff other than performance that doesn't get mentioned and I personally (subjectively) care and base my buys around a lot. But that doesn't mean that (objectively speaking) majority of the population cares as much as I do, so i tend to keep my subjective opinions as separate as possible. Also Deepcool is an old company, and Assassin IIi has many of the things i mentioned above (they do cheap stuff, but they do quality stuff as well, they're a huge OEM).

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i do agree that Noctua has nice things and uprages. they use to give you a free upgrade kit but i doubt they will now thow

The kits are still free, u just have to pay for shipping i think depending on the country.

And Noctua is the only company that updated a 13 year old Cooler for Intel LGA 1700. Thermalright is close second with a 10 year old cooler.