Quiet fan recommendation

kwabat5

Hello, I plan on building a pc in the near future, on a asus prime b660 plus d4. My cpu will be a i5-12400f. I have trouble finding an air cooler that is quiet (AROUND 32-37 DBA DURING STRESS LIKE AAA GAMES.) My budget for cooler is 60 dollars but I can spend a bit more if necessary. *GPU is a 3060 ti btw*

Well did you want the cooler to work or to be quiet because the air has to be moved somehow. You dont just move cubic feet of air through a tiny gap without it making noise.

I know, I’m just asking for quiet fan recommendations, I haven’t built the pc yet,

7 minutes ago, kwabat5 said:

I know, I’m just asking for quiet fan recommendations, I haven’t built the pc yet,

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses.

You should look for large surface area and big fans, like the be quiet dark rock pro 4 or Noctua NH-D15. Both companies manufacture really effective coolers and very quiet fans. You should also check out reviews of the Scythe Fuma 2, I know it performs very similar to those other coolers thermally but I am not sure about noise.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You should look for large surface area and big fans, like the be quiet dark rock pro 4 or Noctua NH-D15. Both companies manufacture really effective coolers and very quiet fans. You should also check out reviews of the Scythe Fuma 2, I know it performs very similar to those other coolers thermally but I am not sure about noise.

The Noctua NH-D15 was something I was looking at but is too expensive. I think I’ll get a Noctua NH-U12S Redux. I heard it’s not too loud and comes with a LGA 1700 bracket out of box. Thanks for the recommendations anyway!

Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 for $41 is the best option. It's NH-D15/Fuma 2 class cooling. Or Thermalright Assassin King 120 Black while it's on sale for $29 if u want something more like the Redux (but still slightly better). The LGA 1700 mounting is on sale as well on amazon.