recommendations for earphones, under £150

Tom_nerd

Hi,

I used to have some google pixel buds, although the other day I lost one of them, and was thinking about getting some new ones anyway (they're a bit scuffed up). Could I have a recommendation. Below are some things that I think should be considered for the recommendation.

1. I do a lot of running. Since I lost one of my pixel buds I've been using this cheap £20 amazon over-ear headphones, that where impossible to run in, as they'd either fall off or be really uncomfortable.
  2. When I had the pixel buds, I enjoyed the simplicity of the earphones built-in application. Although google in all their wisdom decided to not let the user change the EQ or change what the touch controls do. It doesn't bother me that much, but would be nice.
  3. I was looking at the Sony linkbuds, although was concerned about if the open back design would mean that somebody next to me could hear my confidential phone call.
  4. The budget is £150/ $200 although was looking for something a little less than that.
  5. I don't care much about battery life in either the earphone or the charging case. As the charging case I could charge every night and I don't usually wear the earphones for more than a few hours.
  6. I rarely have an issue with this, but it needs to be available in the UK.

Thanks so much in advance,

Tom

Sony has some very good headphones that are better than the AirPods MAX Price-wise

Ryzen 9 5950X Gigabyte Aorus Elite B550 V2  MSI RX 6750XT Corsair HX1200 3xLL120 Fans 7xA12x25 Fans 5000D Airflow Vengeance RGB PRO 1.450 @ 4133MHz CPU Cooler: NH-U12A

2 minutes ago, The_Hackintosh said:

Sony has some very good headphones

Which ones?

Edit: because the ones that I've been looking at are either out of my price range or are the linkbuds, which I dont think I can use because of the open back desighn.

4 hours ago, Tom_nerd said:

Hi,

I used to have some google pixel buds, although the other day I lost one of them, and was thinking about getting some new ones anyway (they're a bit scuffed up). Could I have a recommendation. Below are some things that I think should be considered for the recommendation.

1. I do a lot of running. Since I lost one of my pixel buds I've been using this cheap £20 amazon over-ear headphones, that where impossible to run in, as they'd either fall off or be really uncomfortable.
  2. When I had the pixel buds, I enjoyed the simplicity of the earphones built-in application. Although google in all their wisdom decided to not let the user change the EQ or change what the touch controls do. It doesn't bother me that much, but would be nice.
  3. I was looking at the Sony linkbuds, although was concerned about if the open back design would mean that somebody next to me could hear my confidential phone call.
  4. The budget is £150/ $200 although was looking for something a little less than that.
  5. I don't care much about battery life in either the earphone or the charging case. As the charging case I could charge every night and I don't usually wear the earphones for more than a few hours.
  6. I rarely have an issue with this, but it needs to be available in the UK.

Thanks so much in advance,

Tom

Been rocking the Galaxy buds pro since they came out has treated me very well. Decent feature set with ok anc. But if your worried about losing them I think apple rapids are a good option just for the stem as you can buy the accessory that holds them together with a string. 

If you like exercising in them, consider the "behind the neck" style.  I wanted a pair that had internal (micro SD) storage, so that I didn't have to lug my phone around.  Think I got them for about $25 shipped.

That said, if you are wanting "one to rule them all", make calls, etc--then maybe Sennheiser Momentum true wireless II's.

On 2/25/2022 at 12:47 PM, Tom_nerd said:
  1. I was looking at the Sony linkbuds, although was concerned about if the open back design would mean that somebody next to me could hear my confidential phone call.

Very unlikely. You would need to be using them in a very quiet environment, with the volume turned up all the way, and the third party would need to be very close to make out what is being discussed.

Down-side to the LinkBuds for me was comfort. 

Summary: This guy measured 1000+ earphones in his lifetime. He has a few favorites. The Samsung Galaxy buds are his pick as they offer good sound quality and are readily available everywhere.