How can i get internet?

OnniBoy129

I am planning on building a pc. It hasba MoBo without wifi.(ASUS TUF Gaming B450-Plus II) At home i will use ethernet. But i have an upcoming LAN party where i can not use ethernet. Can i use my phones hotspot and plug the phone in to the pc via usb cable to get internet?

I can also get the ASUS Prime B450M-A II MoBo

just get a cheap usb wireless adapter. unless the place you're going to a LAN party at also doesn't have internet?

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

just get a cheap usb wireless adapter. unless the place you're going to a LAN party at also doesn't have internet?

Yea a cheap wifi dongle will do and create a hot spot with your phone.

Also just check if you can get internet in the building first with your phone.聽

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

What kind of LAN party requires wifi?聽

The one he's talking about.

@OP聽 I got away with using my phone as an antenna through USB tethering, not the best, but it worked.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

26 minutes ago, OnniBoy129 said:

Can i use my phones hotspot and plug the phone in to the pc via usb cable to get internet?

I find it hard to believe that a LAN party won't provide you with ethernet connectivity or WiFi at the location.

If you're playing latency-sensitive games like FPS, an ethernet connection will work best. The more people connecting to the same WiFi AP will also cause slowdowns for each. Using cellular data should be your last resort if you need low latency; otherwise, it should be fine for turn-based style games.

Ask the guy or company hosting the lan party if the wireless router has an ethernet port in the back ... bring your own ethernet cable and maybe also a network switch so that you and people around you can connect their computers to wifi.聽

If that's not possible, you can buy a basic wireless card, either a USB one or a pci-e wireless card. They start from around 3-5$.

but seriously what lan party is that ...聽 i'd want a high speed connection just to share files with other people, set up a local DC++ hub or use FTP / Windows shares to check other people's content and grab what you want instead of downloading from Internet聽