i5-12600kf + nzxt kraken M22 / nzxt kraken 120

2ndmaiki

Is it enough even without OC (without loud noise and high temps 70+)? If yes, is it possible to OC with it without very high temps? I haven't seen a test of this cpu + aio combination anywhere.

6 minutes ago, 2ndmaiki said:

Is it enough even without OC (without loud noise and high temps 70+)? If yes, is it possible to OC with it without very high temps? I haven't seen a test of this cpu + aio combination anywhere.

Might want something a little bigger or better. Haven got the X42, X62, and X53 I can't recommend the kraken coolers. Software use way more resources than whats nessesary and because it uses internal USB, it's just a pain. M22 is even worse. Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120 should work better and dosen't use a USB connection, only one PWM header. Pump and fan speed is synchronized, thus much better acoustics, due to better fan and pump. 

A moderate OC, should be possible witht the 120 version. You can also get 240, 280 or 360 version of the liquid freezer, if you got the space.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I already own kraken X62 (i have it on kraken g12 gtx 1080ti) and I am happy with it. I would like to use bigger but my case only support one big aio (NZXT H510) I could mount bigger aio up by making a hole in the case though. I know it is stupid but I also want to buy it for it looks (if it's going to work good enough of course). 

Just now, 2ndmaiki said:

I already own kraken X62 (i have it on kraken g12 gtx 1080ti) and I am happy with it. I would like to use bigger but my case only support one big aio (NZXT H510) I could mount bigger aio up by making a hole in the case though. I know it is stupid but I also want to buy it for it looks (if it's going to work good enough of course). 

I know making a hole in the case might not look the best 😂 but I have plan how to make it look good with 3D printed parts.

45 minutes ago, 2ndmaiki said:

I know making a hole in the case might not look the best 😂 but I have plan how to make it look good with 3D printed parts.

I see. I run both the X53 and X62 right now, X53 on G12 bracket on a 1080ti. 🙂 Just to be clear CAM dosen't support both units to run at the same time. It'll forget the settings and lockup both units. I run mine without USB cables and use the motherboard for fan speed. Pumps are running at 100%.

TBH I would use the 120mm rad on the 1080 ti in rear of the case, dumping the heat and running x62 on the i5. You dont need to use a NZXT cooler, just have to be a asetek OEM to work on the G12 bracket.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

43 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

I see. I run both the X53 and X62 right now, X53 on G12 bracket on a 1080ti. 🙂 Just to be clear CAM dosen't support both units to run at the same time. It'll forget the settings and lockup both units. I run mine without USB cables and use the motherboard for fan speed. Pumps are running at 100%.

TBH I would use the 120mm rad on the 1080 ti in rear of the case, dumping the heat and running x62 on the i5. You dont need to use a NZXT cooler, just have to be a asetek OEM to work on the G12 bracket.

Well that's good to know. The rgb isn't working when it's unpluged from usb right?

3 hours ago, 2ndmaiki said:

Well that's good to know. The rgb isn't working when it's unpluged from usb right?

Nope. No lights at all. With USB and no software, it runs the startup lights but run lower pump speeds. There might be alternative software out, open source and what not, but never got back to it. I can see that theres some open source alternatives to cam now, but dont know if any of them supports multiple coolers.  This kinda looks like it can actually!

https://github.com/liquidctl/liquidctl

FS in Denmark/EU:

C

On 2/21/2022 at 7:45 PM, DoctorNick said:

Nope. No lights at all. With USB and no software, it runs the startup lights but run lower pump speeds. There might be alternative software out, open source and what not, but never got back to it. I can see that theres some open source alternatives to cam now, but dont know if any of them supports multiple coolers.  This kinda looks like it can actually!

https://github.com/liquidctl/liquidctl

Could u try it out please? It would help a lot. I cannot find any 120 aio compatible with kraken g12 in my country, even kraken M22 and 120 doesn't seem to support it so i guess I'll have to use 120mm on CPU and I would like to use there nzxt aio. 

On 2/21/2022 at 7:40 AM, 2ndmaiki said:

In my opinion, AIO's are kind of pointless. I'd go with a NH-D15/ U12A or BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4. If you MUST go AIO, get the EK Basic 240/280. 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

Just try it? Most likely runs a bit hot in cpu benchmarks but how often do you do that?