Coffee/Tumbler

kardiff

I second this, I can't and won't function unless I'm drinking large amounts of coffee.

have one that is easy to clean and I am sold. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

They would have to somehow be better than a yeti. LOL

What am I going to frame it? 😭

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

20 hours ago, Pickles von Brine said:

have one that is easy to clean and I am sold. 

Agreed! If it's not dishwasher safe, I should be able to fit my hand and a dishcloth inside to wash it. I've retired a couple that didn't meet either criteria.

The spout can also be a pain. I tried one that had a rotating cap on top; it worked fine for drinking but it was a PITA to clean. It seemed like you could never get all the coffee and soap residue out from between the cap and the main part of the lid. Sliders have the same problem, but on a smaller scale. Maybe a flip-open lid? Or a detachable lid so you can actually clean the damn thing?

19 hours ago, coffeelogic said:

They would have to somehow be better than a yeti. LOL

Shouldn't be too difficult, Yeti is the BOSE of drink tumblers.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

6 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Agreed! If it's not dishwasher safe, I should be able to fit my hand and a dishcloth inside to wash it. I've retired a couple that didn't meet either criteria.

The spout can also be a pain. I tried one that had a rotating cap on top; it worked fine for drinking but it was a PITA to clean. It seemed like you could never get all the coffee and soap residue out from between the cap and the main part of the lid. Sliders have the same problem, but on a smaller scale. Maybe a flip-open lid? Or a detachable lid so you can actually clean the damn thing?

Shouldn't be too difficult, Yeti is the BOSE of drink tumblers.

someones never had a yeti tumbler, shit stays hot as long as my stanley thermos

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

I've been using the "BEAST" brand tumblers from amazon, and I like the lid mechanism, other than the fact that the soft plastic seal in the lid stains permanently very easily. easy to fit a fistful of sponge into, but dishwasher safe, and that's the easier way.

would be interested in LTT version, but I think that it being dishwasher rated will be make or break for a decent portion of audience, myself included.

coffee / tea stain way harder than water, and I won't want to apply elbow grease.

finally a good idea....

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

On 2/26/2022 at 5:20 PM, tassadarforaiur said:

I've been using the "BEAST" brand tumblers from amazon, and I like the lid mechanism, other than the fact that the soft plastic seal in the lid stains permanently very easily. easy to fit a fistful of sponge into, but dishwasher safe, and that's the easier way.

would be interested in LTT version, but I think that it being dishwasher rated will be make or break for a decent portion of audience, myself included.

coffee / tea stain way harder than water, and I won't want to apply elbow grease.

Search for bottle bright tablets on Amazon, they are amazing for this tumbler/insulated water bottles. Bottles are cleaner than a Linus sponsor segue lol

They need to be REAL good quality.

I don't think I've ever had a coffee tumbler that hasn't fallen apart, or sprung some leaks, from regular use after no more than a few months. Maybe I'm just using them wrong...

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

On 2/28/2022 at 5:49 PM, kardiff said:

Search for bottle bright tablets on Amazon, they are amazing for this tumbler/insulated water bottles. Bottles are cleaner than a Linus sponsor segue lol

thanks for the advise, but your suggestion involves, essentially, keeping a dedicated cleaning product on-hand for a picky tumbler.

Personally, I know I can't be assed to bother with that. If the bottle is designed to hold something that I can't "clean" with a quick rinse, then I expect it to be fully machine washable. top rack only is fine. Anything else, I'm calling impractical, and I won't personally bother buying.

12 hours ago, tassadarforaiur said:

thanks for the advise, but your suggestion involves, essentially, keeping a dedicated cleaning product on-hand for a picky tumbler.

Personally, I know I can't be assed to bother with that. If the bottle is designed to hold something that I can't "clean" with a quick rinse, then I expect it to be fully machine washable. top rack only is fine. Anything else, I'm calling impractical, and I won't personally bother buying.

Totally get it, i'm mostly the same.  I wash my stuff with water and soap quickly 99% of the time, but found a few that were left to sit too long/stained the inside, etc and then I break those tablets out.