How to remove Raid?

m371

Hello all, I'm still kinda new to this RAID thing. The reasons why I got to know about it in the first place was from the guy building my pc at the time when i bought the parts.

So my motherboard "MSI Z97 Gaming 9 ACK" went and died on me. So I bought a new one, a 12th gen Asus B660-Plus D4, and am trying to use the old hdd/ssds but I am not too sure whats going on. From what i know in the bios, the hdd/ssd are certainly hooked and working. So I assumed that its the RAID that causing this issue, but I have absolutely no idea on how to go about fixing this. Does anyone know how or should I just but a new m2 storage?

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-19 at 15.33.07.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-19 at 15.33.21.jpeg

Did you install a os onto one of the drives?

With new boards, normally only the uefi boot option shows up, so you ned a os installed to see the hdd. Id do a clean install of your os here if you can.

Your old motherboard probably set them up with Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID, which is kind of like a software RAID. As long as your new motherboard also supports Intel RST, you should be able to drop into the controller's BIOS and import the array.

Look for a 'SATA Mode' setting, you should be able to pick between Legacy, AHCI, and RAID modes. You want RAID. Then when you reboot you should see an Intel RST text screen prompting you to press a CTRL+key combination to invoke the setup tool. 

In the end, if you decide to just wipe the drives and start over, set up a software RAID inside WIndows instead. That's a lot easier to manage as long as it's not your boot volume (which should be an SSD anyway). As long as they appear in Disk Management, you can erase them there or in diskpart.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.