Are these good fans to put on a rad?

Where are you guys getting Scythe Gentle Typhoons at? Everywhere I look, they either are sold out, or don't carry them anymore.

Frozen CPU / performance PCS/ amazon / ncix

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'd recommend the akasa, I'm buying then myself kinda soon (dunno tho) and if I don't like them I'll just get GT's

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

If you're looking for silence then Akasa Apache Blacks are excellent. Even at 100% they are almost silent, and they have great static pressure. Also they are stealthy black :ph34r:

I'd recommend the akasa, I'm buying then myself kinda soon (dunno tho) and if I don't like them I'll just get GT's

I use the Akasa Vipers they out-perform the Akasa Apache but they're bright yellow, which might not be to everyone's taste. 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I use the Akasa Vipers they out-perform the Akasa Apache but they're bright yellow, which might not be to everyone's taste.

They are louder :S

They are louder :S

But they're more efficient and you can use a fan-controller to turn them down  ;)

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

But they're more efficient and you can use a fan-controller to turn them down  ;)

Yeye but I need a very quiet computer :/ and I'll have 5 that runs on low RPM's

NB eloops or scythe gentle typhoons

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Yeye but I need a very quiet computer :/ and I'll have 5 that runs on low RPM's

If you wan't absolute silence then Viper aren't the way to go since they aren't completely inaudible spun at their lowest speed, but in terms of cfm per dB(A) you get the most bang for your buck regarding how much air they move for the sound they produce, and at a higher pressure...

...but needs differ :0/

If you wan't absolute silence then Viper aren't the way to go since they aren't completely inaudible spun at their lowest speed, but in terms of cfm per dB(A) you get the most bang for your buck regarding how much air they move for the sound they produce, and at a higher pressure...

...but needs differ :0/

Yeye just need quiet not like super epic monster quiet :P

Yeye just need quiet not like super epic monster quiet :P

I used to always go for super epic monster quiet but these days I want to start getting into over-clocking.  ;)

I used to always go for super epic monster quiet but these days I want to start getting into over-clocking.  ;)

I'm just overclocking a tad bit, like 1.2 Ghz on GPU and 4.3-4.8 on CPU (4.8 is little to much IMO)

I'm just overclocking a tad bit, like 1.2 Ghz on GPU and 4.3-4.8 on CPU (4.8 is little to much IMO)

To be honest I barely know anything about over-clocking :unsure: I'm still getting my rig together and it seems like it's taking months  :rolleyes:

Once I've got it built (and it's getting a bit kludgetastically custom) I'm going to start trying to learn to O.C.

My goal is to have my rig ready for Alien Isolation.  :ph34r:

I agree it could be more in depth, but then again, couldn't every review be "better?"

Even if it was more thorough I'd think people would still nitpick at it, I'm not saying Noctua are bad or anything, it's just in my experience and others experiences they weren't as good as other options.

I really didn't like the low hum noise they make at ~600 RPM, with PWM control and straight voltage control that noise never seemed to go away.

That doesn't change the fact they have insane build quality and accessories that come with are extremely useful, but I don't really understand the whole "OMFG THEY'RE THE BEST" "LINUS LOVES THEM WE MUST LOVE THEM TOO"

( I know it's not quite to that extent, but you catch my drift)

That one easily have been better there are things in the video that you can see that he choose not to utilize. Also one thing about reviews is that anyone usin the same things should be able to verify the results but from what I saw he never went into what he was using and how he had it setup.

If its well enough document they should have nearly nothing or nothing major to nitpick. A good example was tom's hardware's first true DAC review/comparison where they admitted that this isnt their expertise but still did a very good job, documented it extensively, and was easy enough to replicate.

Im not saying the Noctua's will shoot to the top or anything of the sort. It just seemed odd to me that air flow optimized fans were doing comparably well against air pressure optimized fans on a rad.

I got a weird low hum from my scythe s-flex fans in my Air 540. Outside the case nothing in the top and back nothing. However the instant their mounted in the front I get a weird low hum that kind of like motor noise. Im not saying that is the issue you have but the hum is very low so its not directional. Its all encompassing and just sounds like its coming from the case in general. I find this really odd as I didnt have this issue when I had the fan in a couple other case. I even tried to use some of those Noctua grommets. They did have a effect but it wasnt by any means major.

Surprisingly I have used them long before I even knew of Linus. I only really started watching YouTube for the last yea or so when I got my DSLR and found Digital Rev. This "insane build quality and accessories that come with are extremely useful" is definitely one of the reason I like Noctua's. Another is their warranty and the fact that no matter which standard size fan you need they have a model which is good if not great.

I might praise them too much, but I really do think Gentle Typhoons are incredible fans.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I might praise them too much, but I really do think Gentle Typhoons are incredible fans.

they are good fans but finding them is becoming harder and harder

How the fans look aren't very important to me, but i do want high performance and low volume, i am working without a ton of rad space so i want good performance and noticed that the akasa fans were quieter, higher cfm, and more static pressure. would the fans be better performance wise?

Noise blocker eloops

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Noise blocker eloops

and the eloops look amazing. Noiseblocker FTW.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s