LTT Store CAD

Albd

Hey all,

I know this is fairly niche as far as customers go, and that this apparently has been discussed a bit on the WAN show and on the forum a bit:

but as one of Linus' Canadian brethren, the added fees with Canada Post and Forex fees are killer, it adds a noticeable increase in the cost of each item.  Now I am not saying that Linus and team has any obligation to shoulder any of these costs because they don't, but I really begrudge giving a bank some of the foreign transaction fees for paying in USD to a Canadian retailer(rather than in Canadian rupees). I really appreciate the direction of high quality long lasting items, that obviously cost money to make and do, but if it were possible to offer CAD as a currency for payment (without LTTstore incurring any additional costs) that would be appreciated or if there is any interest or work being done in this direction (if that is possible to disclose).

I kinda wanna know if we can drop by LTT and buy off of em in person if we're in Greater Vancouver area. I'd definitely take the opportunity to drive and watch Linus/co-workers drop my merch in front of me and what not. Plus, much cheaper. Wouldn't mind even paying more for the convenience cause the shipping fees are b-r-u-t-a-l compared to what i want to buy

I mean I get that but I figure they aren't setup to have people stop by for retail purposes, and probably don't want people gawping at them at the office (which I totally get).

The shipping one is trickier for me, whilst I wish that the shipping fees within Canada were cheaper (we have been spoilt over the years with free shipping), but someone has to shoulder the costs. I don't want LMG to shoulder this at some expense to either the quality of the merch, bake it into the price (make it less clear what you are paying for) or for the business itself to shoulder it in some other manner. Again one way that might help marginally is not paying in USD for Canada Post shipping, which sucks.

Long winded way to say I agree the shipping price bites and bites more as it is in USD, but I didn't mention that in my first post because someone has to pay it and I figure the cost of shipping is close to the real cost they pay to the shipper (can't imagine there is much fat there to cut).