please someone help

so I'm trying to install the drivers for my nVidia TNT2 and I can't get it to boot to Windows 98SE without crashing

"Windows protection error. Restart PC" or something

Make your thread titles descriptive of your issue so people who might have relevant knowledge notice the thread. There are countless threads just titled variations on "help pls u gaiz."

6 minutes ago, punkboy64 said:

so I'm trying to install the drivers for my nVidia TNT2 and I can't get it to boot to Windows 98SE without crashing

"Windows protection error. Restart PC" or something

"Or something"? If you can't be bothered to even take an accurate note of what the error message is, why do you expect people to make an effort to assist you?

Post the full specs of the system. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

==moved to troubleshoot==

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I'll elaborate

it just says "Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer."

I installed the drivers thru nVidia TNT2 drivers I downloaded off the net

amd athlon 800

312mb ram

16gb SD card as HDD

TNT2 

edit: drivers coming from the .inf file

Edited by punkboy64

2 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

You are gonna kill that SD card real quick styles trying to run an OS on it.

it's windows 98

2 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

And? It's still not designed to run an OS on it.

lgr does it; it works just alright (and pretty fast) for me, and I'm not using a jurassic IDE HDD

6 minutes ago, punkboy64 said:

lgr does it; it works just alright (and pretty fast) for me, and I'm not using a jurassic IDE HDD

Doesnt he typically use compact flash cards?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

12 hours ago, Middcore said:

Doesnt he typically use compact flash cards?

I'm pretty sure he uses SD cards

but this isn't helping me with my whole computer-not-booting issue

I uninstalled the driver and w98 reinstalled it without my permission.

so yes, crappy drivers just bricked my windows install. thanks nvidia.

still dead. I give in, I'm reinstalling Windows.

Edited by punkboy64