Yvonne - More Yvonne videos please

Hi all,

just a quick thought, with with everything Yvonne does back of house like the hero and boss  that she is! can we get firstly an Yvonne appreciation video? and secondly can we get more Yvonne in the videos? she always brings something different to them and its nice to see her in them. she's a non techie right? so that point of view would be interesting to see more of, as she learns more and more.

of course this is all due to her available time and work constraints etc but yeah, at very least an yvonne appreciation video. Maybe it could be the start of an Unsung heros of LMG/LTT series.

Cheers for reading.

Just keep in mind that Yvonne is the person in charge of the financials for LMG, so standing in front of a camera isn't actually in her job description.

Though, I agree, she is pretty fun to watch. I'd love to see more of her, even if it's just a Tech Linked video.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

10 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Just keep in mind that Yvonne is the person in charge of the financials for LMG, so standing in front of a camera isn't actually in her job description.

Though, I agree, she is pretty fun to watch. I'd love to see more of her, even if it's just a Tech Linked video.

yeah i know, like i said, one of the unsung heroes

4 minutes ago, Tydfil said:

yeah i know, like i said, one of the unsung heroes

Nah, Linus sings to her in the shower... (I'm watching WAN show, in case the meaning of this wasn't clear)

55 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Nah, Linus sings to her in the shower...

So not an unsung hero but a sung victim 😛

4 hours ago, Tydfil said:

of course this is all due to her available time and work constraints etc but yeah, at very least an yvonne appreciation video. Maybe it could be the start of an Unsung heros of LMG/LTT series.

LTT occasionally does Floatplane exclusive meet the team videos where they talk with an employee and they explain what they do at the company, their hobbies, etc. Perhaps Yvonne could do one of those if she's interested.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Oh god, now I'm getting flashbacks to the time Yvonne hosted Tech Linked and was forced to read an advert for Manscaped testicle lotion 🤣

One thing you might not have considered, perhaps Yvonne has elected to remain off camera? She might not want to do it for whatever reason.

Some of LTTs best videos have been the ones with the not so techy minded, not usually in front of the camera staff. Sarah from secret shopper, Maddison from ROG Reboot, Linus jumping through Andy the camera guys bed. I'd be fine with more Yvonne as long as she was fine with it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Sarra said:

Nah, Linus sings to her in the shower... (I'm watching WAN show, in case the meaning of this wasn't clear)

After that joke to however many millions of viewers, I'd guess singing to her in the shower is all he will be doing for a few weeks to come.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I think they could lean into the banter they had going in the last house construction update.

Picture this: Yvonne hosts a (I hate to say it) DIY network style showcase of all the interior design and tech integration they put into new house, purely from a homeowner / savvy end user perspective. Linus keeps interrupting to geek out and go off into the weeds about all the cool tech stuff, but the camerawork and editing cut him off every time to refocus on the tour.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I do agree that more different folks on LTT would be nice and I do think Yvonne could certainly make some interesting content that's not mainly tech. That said, I have the feeling Yvonne doesn't really want to be in front of the camera that much. I remember her hosting one show (was it Tech Linked? Cannot remember) and I got the feeling she really didn't feel that comfortable in front of the camera. She didn't do a bad job, but the vibe I remember getting from it wasn't really positive. Plus I am sure she has tons of other stuff she needs to get done, and with family time apparently being a point of at least some issue she might not want to add even more load to her work schedule.

Why shoe horn her into a tech video? Why not do a few shorts about the business side of things?

Like an accoutning tips, or something. Would be different and I would guess she has some knowledge of the business side of things.

Would be a different perspective, and helpful to someone maybe. Sponser could be freshbooks?

6 hours ago, dkoudijs said:

Why shoe horn her into a tech video? Why not do a few shorts about the business side of things?

Like an accoutning tips, or something. Would be different and I would guess she has some knowledge of the business side of things.

Would be a different perspective, and helpful to someone maybe. Sponser could be freshbooks?

I love the concept of this, but business stuff is likely to be NDA protected, not to mention, going into specifics is... Probably just not a good look, in any case.

General stuff, though, might make sense, though I think there would be a really limited audience for it.

10 hours ago, Sarra said:

I love the concept of this, but business stuff is likely to be NDA protected, not to mention, going into specifics is... Probably just not a good look, in any case.

General stuff, though, might make sense, though I think there would be a really limited audience for it.

YEa, showing some of the data would be bad. THe process would be good, and I still think shorts would be a good use of this, since it can be just a quick tech tip for accounting, not much screen time and could hit the niche people enough.