What is the worst Sponsor you ever watched in a video on youtube?

fUnDaMeNtAl_knobhead

I just got curious and wanted to ask about the Worst Sponsors that you've come across in Youtube.

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

To clarify this applies to a Sponsor that doesn't match the Channel or content/Just bad reputation or undisclosed sponsors

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

20 minutes ago, fUnDaMeNtAl_knobhead said:

To clarify this applies to a Sponsor that doesn't match the Channel or content/Just bad reputation or undisclosed sponsors

that's actually a rough question as I usually skip sponsors and actually keep watching the ones I like.

But many sponsors are unmatched

like Imagine a family or a squid game video being sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends, disgusting

now alot will say Raid Shadow Legends but there are far worse than that that I just can't remember, also all sponsors I've seen are disclosed, because legally if they aren't, they are facing consequences with the FTC.

Like I keep seeing NordVPN also it gets annoying, and those vpn sponsors are very generic, at least Arun's SurfShark VPN sponsor is a bit Unique.

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

3 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

that's actually a rough question as I usually skip sponsors and actually keep watching the ones I like.

But many sponsors are unmatched

like Imagine a family or a squid game video being sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends, disgusting

now alot will say Raid Shadow Legends but there are far worse than that that I just can't remember, also all sponsors I've seen are disclosed, because legally if they aren't, they are facing consequences with the FTC.

Like I keep seeing NordVPN also it gets annoying, and those vpn sponsors are very generic, at least Aarron's SurfShark VPN sponsor is a bit Unique.

I really don't like Mobile Game ads in the now ruined tkor vids they are completely unrelated to the content or field they are in

I am thinking of KEEPS. It's some kind of off the counter medication to prevent hair loss. They sponsored a bunch of YouTubers & Streamers. For the longest time Donut Media was sponsored by KEEPS. They're a car channel FYI. 

4 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

I am thinking of KEEPS. It's some kind of off the counter medication to prevent baldness. They sponsored a bunch of YouTubers & Streamers. For the longest time Donut Media was sponsored by KEEPS. They're a car channel FYI. 

Thoughty 2  was also sponsored by them he is a random history channel

Bespke post it's a random subscription box that sends you things you never wanted. Backyard Scientist/How Ridiculous are the more popular youtubers who are sponsored by them

On 2/6/2022 at 11:29 PM, fUnDaMeNtAl_knobhead said:

I just got curious and wanted to ask about the Worst Sponsors that you've come across in Youtube.

• Vincero, MVMT watches... actually any sort of watch brand that sponsors YouTube channels. Practically all of those are just watches bought cheaply in bulk at Aliexpress for <50 bucks a pop and sold do you at huge markups. So much for taking out the middleman. 
  • Raycons
  • VPN services in general
  • Dare I say LTTStore? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

6 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:
  • Vincero, MVMT watches... actually any sort of watch brand that sponsors YouTube channels. Practically all of those are just watches bought cheaply in bulk at Aliexpress for <50 bucks a pop and sold do you at huge markups. So much for taking out the middleman. 
  • Raycons
  • VPN services in general
  • Dare I say LTTStore? 

Hmmm... I never heard of watch sponsors. Also I really hate the raycons. VPN services I generally dont hate them but they sometimes are misleading. LTT Sore yeah veryyy annoying

• 1 year later...

This is old but I always think as long as it’s not an actual scam I don’t care if someone like raid sponsees a video. A lot of kinds of content don’t get much ad revenue so if a YouTuber gets 5 grand to promote raid that’s fine. They deserve money for giving content even if it needs to be done by advertising. Its cliche but sponsors make a lot of content possible.

Worst is really just anything that does fit the content or channel. I’m not going to watch a handtoolrescue sponsored segment for raid shadow legends, that’s completely irrelevant to the channel and type of content.

Best I’ve seen is Framed, old school RuneScape videos, where he integrates the sponsor into skits and they’re genuinely entertaining and minimally intrusive as a result.

On 2/8/2022 at 6:54 AM, kokakolia said:

I am thinking of KEEPS. It's some kind of off the counter medication to prevent hair loss. They sponsored a bunch of YouTubers & Streamers. For the longest time Donut Media was sponsored by KEEPS. They're a car channel FYI. 

Whats wrong with hairloss medication lol. Although its better to buy the medecine directly rather than through companies that mark it up.

It is usually stupid VPN and cryptocoin exchanges youtubers are spam shilling. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

• 3 weeks later...

My worst sponsors are Linode and VPNs sponsors but the worst is SurfShark VPN